Chapter 9: Calm

Past

Damon rolled to her side and stared at the ceiling wide-eyed as they both panted and came back down to earth. He couldn't believe that she bit him back! It was so damn hot!

"You are not a human." He stated and she smirked at the 'undone' tone in his voice. She couldn't help loving that he'd enjoyed it so much.

"No. Not in the brain, I'm not." She agreed as her additional neck wound healed from the fresh blood that she'd just gotten from him. "I hope that my mom didn't hear that." She remarked amused and he chuckled, a little surprised that it sounded like she didn't care if her mother did hear it.

"She didn't." Damon confirmed. "Fuck, that was amazing." He mumbled and she smiled.

"Mmhmm." She agreed and was surprised when he reached down and took her hand. He lifted it up to his mouth then kissed her hand while he interlaced their fingers. He decided then that he was going to turn her. He decided that he was going to figure out a plan so that she didn't have to go back. He was going to figure out a way for them to be together without the future version of him messing it up. He wanted her so badly. Caroline watched his expressions change as he was clearly deep in thought and realization hit. "You're totally planning to turn me, aren't you?" She cocked an eyebrow and he chuckled in surprise that she knew what he'd been thinking about.

"Yes." He nodded. "I want you to be a vampire as soon as possible." He stated and she sighed. She knew that past Damon would just randomly snap her neck if she didn't agree. That and she did want to turn back soon.

"Then it has to wait a couple of days." She stated, surprising him that she would agree to be turned.

"Why?" He tested confused. He wanted to do it now.

"Because I need to swap out my mom's vervain so that she can be compelled." Caroline answered and he thought about that.

"Okay." He agreed.

"And my first turning was really crap, so you have to drain me this time." Caroline instructed and he smirked.

"I'll do it the sexy way." He teased and she giggled.

"What's the sexy way?" She asked amused by his devious expression.

"Drained right when you orgasm. You won't even notice your death and you'll wake up all relaxed." He answered and she thought about that. That sounded good.

"Alright." She agreed and he grinned at her mischievously for agreeing to that because he couldn't wait. "But, in the meantime, I have to go make sure that Stefan doesn't force feed Elena a bunny." Caroline quipped as she sat up and he frowned at the fact she still wanted to leave. He thought that he'd thoroughly managed to distract her.

"Why does it matter?" Damon tested because he really didn't give a crap if Elena ate bunnies.

"Because future-Elena and Stefan asked me to make sure that he doesn't do that." Caroline revealed. "In retrospect, it was a stupid idea to leave her at the boarding house." She remarked as she hurried over to her dresser and got out underwear and a bra. She quickly got dressed and Damon saw that she was determined, so he reluctantly pulled on his own clothes. Though, he had to put his jeans and t-shirt on since Caroline had ripped his shirt – he smirked at the memory of that… it wasawesome. He'd been really surprised that she'd had the strength to do that. Caroline pulled on her jeans and a top; she added a scarf so that her mother wouldn't see the unmarked skin on her neck. She fixed her bed so that it didn't look like she'd just had sex in it – she still couldn'tbelieve she did that, she really didn't know why she did that either – pulled on her shoes and grabbed her purse then the two of them left and Damon drove them over to the boarding house.