Chapter 16: Sunshine

Past

Damon left to go feed after the Sheriff got home, so Caroline went down to her room and put her phone on and plugged it into the charger. It wasn't long before Bonnie called.

"Hello?" Caroline answered.

"It's future Bonnie. Why the hell was your phone off? I've been trying to call you since Monday night! We've been so worried! Are you okay? Your body greyed, for God's sake! What the hell happened? I'm so glad you're okay!" Bonnie rambled and Caroline couldn't help a chuckle.

"And everyone thinks that I talk a lot." Caroline quipped and she heard Stefan, Elena and Damon laugh a little in the background. "I'm fine. Damon gave me blood. It's all good, stop worrying so much." Caroline waved off her concern even though the witch couldn't see. "Did this time's Bonnie set the water on fire?"

"Yeah, my past-self is with my Grams at the moment." Bonnie agreed.

"Good, well the crystal's been destroyed, so there won't be an Emily possession." Caroline noted.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Bonnie asked and Caroline sighed.

"The crystal that you wore with the Halloween outfit." Caroline reminded.

"Yeah, Care, I know what crystal, I just mean, what do you mean it's destroyed?" Bonnie clarified.

"Oh. On the first day I went and got it from the Lockwood's and took it over to your Grams and she destroyed it." Caroline advised.

"Oh." Bonnie said surprised. "Does Damon know that you did that?" She tested.

"No." Caroline negated. "By the way, did you get the white oak wood?" She remembered.

"No, where did you put it?" Bonnie examined.

"In a shed thing. Your Damon told me to put it there." Caroline advised.

"He just left to go look." Bonnie stated. "Now that he's gone... what is the deal you have with past-Damon?" Bonnie asked nosily with amusement and Caroline laughed.

"He wants me to do him in my cheerleading uniform." Caroline admitted amused and Bonnie, Stefan and Elena laughed loudly.

"That's so funny." Stefan remarked in the background.

"Are you going to?" Bonnie laughed.

"Why the hell not?" Caroline joked and they chortled.

"That's it?" Bonnie asked.

"Mmhmm." Caroline heard Damon reply, so he was clearly back with the plank already.

"That's great, Care." Bonnie noted pleased.

"Good. By the way, I thought of something, can't you just send Damon back in this time as well?" Caroline requested surprising all of them.

"Why?" Bonnie asked sceptically.

"Because then I don't have to explain everything all the time or have to remember everything by myself." Caroline lied and they all knew it - they knew that it was so the romance with past-Damon would stop. Damon was internally kind of hurt but he didn't say anything.

"I can't, Care. It's taking me continual magic to keep you in the past. I couldn't do it with two of you." Bonnie disclosed apologetically and Caroline sighed.

"Fine." Caroline accepted. "Send me texts with details and get Elena to send me picture of Ric with people." She bid.

"Okay, will do." Bonnie agreed