Chapter 3: Marginally Pleasant

"Someone's coming." Damon whispered and Caroline's eyes widened because she couldn't imagine who it could be then she hurried over to stand next to the doorway, hidden from view. Moments later Stefan walked in and he was thoroughly stunned to see Damon chained to the wall.

"Damon?" Stefan asked shocked. "How the hell are you tied up?" He exclaimed then Caroline stuck him with a vervain dart from behind and he swung around and saw her just before he fell to the ground and passed out.

"I can't believe that he didn't hear me there." Caroline muttered shaking her head. "Bunny blood." She said with distaste and Damon chuckled in surprise at her clear disdain for the Stefan 'vampire way of life'.

"Is that what your 'you like animals' comment was about earlier?" Damon queried entertained.

"Yeah. When I turned, he made me hunt a bunny and I'm scarred for life." She retorted and he laughed a little at her assessment.

"What are you going to do with him?" Damon quizzed.

"This wasn't part of the plan. Stefan will let his emotions get in the way of what needs to be done." Caroline identified annoyed and Damon smirked intrigued further by the little vampire/human for her statement.

"Are you ever going to untie me?" He questioned.

"When I'm sure that you won't kill me." She confirmed.

"What makes you think that I would?" He teased.

"Because, for one, I've met you before." She began and he sniggered a little. "And two, I know that Vicki wasn't an 'animal attack'." She divulged and he looked surprised as he'd forgotten about her.

"Doesn't bother you?" He queried curiously and she shrugged.

"You're a vampire. Vampire's eat people. It's kind of two plus two, Damon." She jibed and he laughed at that.

"So, you've killed people?" He tested and she nodded.

"It's totally weird but you have no idea how much I'm craving some B positive. Human food just isn't the same." She muttered and he snickered.

"Must be weird being human after being a vampire." He remarked and she nodded.

"It sucks." She scowled at nothing in particular.

"Then turn back." He concluded like it was obvious.

"I have too much to do at the moment without having to focus on control all over again right this second." She disagreed.

"So, what would you have done if I'd just drained you when we got into the woods?" He quizzed amused.

"I'm full of your blood." She shrugged and his jaw dropped.

"What do you mean?" He probed confused.

"Your future-self drained his blood into a thermos for me to take with me to drink every day in case you kill me." Caroline elaborated and Damon looked stunned that his future-self cared about her enough to do that. "Well, both he and Stefan did it." She corrected.

"Who's your sire?" He examined.

"You." She answered.

"Then why do you have Stefan's blood?" He interrogated irritated.

"Your future-self was weird about that too. What's the big deal?" She questioned sceptically.

"Because when you turn someone you have a blood link to them forever. It's… special." He responded after a pause and she looked surprised at his explanation. She wondered then why future-Damon would be annoyed at the thought of her turning on Stefan's blood. She honestly didn't think he cared about her.