Chapter 19: Stepping Closer

Damon chuckled at her stunned expression.

"It can't be that shocking, princess. I'm well aware of how obvious I am." He smirked and Caroline just stared at him.

"Do you mean that?" She examined seriously and he nodded.

"You don't have to say anything back." He assured and she took a kind of deep breath as she thought that particular shocker over.

Present

Damon couldn't believe that his past-self had actually told her that. But...

He was frozen in place awaiting her reply... hoping... just this once...

Past

"But I do have to say something back." Caroline countered and she saw that he was kind of braced for her to run or say that she couldn't love him back... or just something that would hurt, and that made her feel really bad.

"What?" He tested softly and she sighed - her plan to keep him at arm's length was failing miserably.

"It's way too soon for this." Caroline started and his expression showed that he was a little hurt by her response.

"I know but I..."

"Let me finish." Caroline smirked and he looked surprised as he hadn't thought that there was more to it.

"There's more?" He inquired sceptically and she giggled.

"Yeah." She confirmed amused.

"What?" He inquired hesitantly and she smiled.

"I love you too." She responded and his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. She saw that he was completely not expecting that response.

"Really?" He asked shocked and she giggled at his reaction.

"Future-Damon's totally going to mock me for this, but yes, I totally fell for you, Salvatore." She smirked and he grinned then crashed his lips to hers because he was so incredibly happy in that moment.

Present

Damon had gone into the kitchen when his past-self had told her that, so that he'd be alone when he heard her response. He felt a stab in his heart when she said that it was too soon...

Then she said it back.

Damon's eyes were bugged and he was shocked. She said it back! She loved him too! He cracked a grin and was so happy - and no, he wasn't going to remotely mock her because he'd completely fallen for her too...

Past

Their kiss turned heated and Caroline's hands trailed down his body from where they rested around his neck. Her fingers grazed down his chest, over his ribs, over his abdomen until she reached the towel. She unwrapped the towel and it fell to the floor then in a blur, her back was landing softly on his bed and he was on top of her and they still kissed, tongues mingling, hands caressing.

Damon moved his hands to her triangle bikini top and pulled either side outwards until her breasts were free and his fingers went to play with her nipples. Caroline bent her legs so that she was straddling him from below then her hand took hold of his already hard length and he moaned into her mouth. Her hand moved up and down building a rhythm while they kissed and his hand slipped between her legs then pushed the material of her bikini bottom to the side.

Caroline moved his cock to her folds and she brushed it up and down her wet slit and he grunted in pleasure at the sensation. Damon took hold of her hand with his free hand and interlaced their fingers and Caroline's stomach fluttered at the action because she was sure that the affectionate things he did made all of the difference. She pulled away from kissing him and slowed her hand movements and he kissed down her neck.