55

Just My Luck, Stuck With The Alpha.

Chapter Fifty-Five.

*Sometime Later*

Life in the packhouse was really weird. I mean everyone would go about their business but there were still rumors about what happened with Silver. Some blame me, but my kids tend to really take after their mother....

Marissa, Jessica, Rodney, and Kevin stopped by once looking for Silver. It was really bad. Their reactions were raw. That was like their sister.

They still come by for the kids, to keep an eye on them and to make sure they're doing alright. Handling the misfortunate events of their mother.

Some femme wolves throw themselves at me now that I'm practically widowed, but I can't see myself with another woman. Not after I've married and mated Silver. She's everything and more.

So my life is now... bland. I've lost taste in everything. I don't know what to do anymore. Sometimes I think about offing myself but I always have hope and faith that one day she will walk up to that door and knock. She will be behind that door. I believe it.

"Daydreaming again?" Sapphire asked.

"You could call it that." I sighed.

"I miss her too. We all do." She said softly.

"It's different losing your mate and losing your mother." I said to her. "It's different choosing your children over your wife."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Say there were a fire and you could only pull one person out. Would it be your mate or your kids?" I asked.

"Kids." she said.

"I'd pull your mother out." I said.

"Why?" she asked confused.

"I could always create more children. If I left her inside the fire she would die and any chance of me procreating again is over." I explained.

"Oh. I see." she said. "Do you think she'll ever come back?"

"I hope she does."

-Silver-

The place I ended up in was sort of like Limbo. Except there were a ton of women sitting in huge chairs circling me.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that." one said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Now there's an important question." a dark haired one said.

"We're past Female Alpha's. You're the first of our kind to have completed a task." a blonde one said.

"I thought that meant I would live forever." I said.

"No one lives forever." The dark haired one said laughing.

"Well don't I get some sort of reward?" I asked. "For completing something you all were incapable of doing?"

"We weren't incapable." one snapped.

"You sure put that to the test." I snickered. "Do you realize what I went through?"

"Yes, we watched you this whole time." they said.

"Can I go home." I asked.

"Why should we give you the privilege of going home to your family when we never had that chance?"

"Because I've never experienced love like I had in the past 18 years. I grew up, I learned new things I grew stronger. I made Female Alpha's seem like champions again. I made us feared an loved. I created peace among the packs." I explained. They thought about it.