37

The Scene Aesthetic- Beauty In The Breakdown

----------------

Just My Luck, Stuck With The Alpha.

Chapter Thirty-Seven

(Eight-Nine Months Later)

-Silver's POV-

It was now March. The month of my birthday. The spring was the best time of the year. And since it was my birthday I had decided that I was going to go visit my human friends and invite them over. Hell I know I'm probably breaking rules, but I don't really care. Vladdy and Rowan had agreed to coming with me. I was nervous and sick.

We arrived at my old house and one of the boys knocked on the door. The door opened and there Kevin and Marisa holding hands with each other smiling happily. I wanted to smile, I really did. I just didn't have the strength to.

"Whoa, Silver?" Kevin asked. I smiled wryly.

"Yeah." I mumbled weakly. I could hear Jess in the background.

"OH MY GOD! SILVER!" She screamed. I was soon tackled by her. It hurt. A lot. I let out a cry of pain. She immediately jumped off of me to observe my wounds.

"Oh my..." I groaned in pain.

"What's going on?" Rodney asked. Rowan and Vladdy helped me up.

"Well, for starters today's Silver's birthday." Rowan announced. "She wanted to invite you over because... well... it's better for her to be close to her mate."

"Oh, why didn't he come?" Marisa asked.

"He can't." I whispered. "I'll explain it all when we get there. Just please come."

They left instantly. We arrived back home in a short amount of time. I took them straight to the infirmary where Zev was being held. Although I was moving like a old woman, I was very fragile in this state. It's been nine months since the tragedy and I haven't seen him move an inch or show some sort of connection.

"Wait, where are we going?" Kevin asked.

"To my mate." I said. I opened the door and walked inside. There he was once again. The most beautiful man in the world. Hah, any other time I'd say Johnny Depp was the most beautiful man alive. But Zev seems to have gotten Johnny Depp beat.

"Whoa..." Marisa and Jess said in unison. "What's wrong with him?"

"I'll tell you, but for now take a seat." I said. I slowly made my way next to Zev. I laid my arm securely around his waist. "Well, about nine months ago me and Zev had set off to rescue someone. Our plan went terribly wrong and some sort of bomb was placed on Zev's car. He had gotten in the car, and I hadn't. But for the life of me I can't understand why I didn't get in there with him.... Anyway, the car exploded when Zev shut the door. Of course me being the person I am, I thought he was dead. In fact everyone did. So I was heartbroken. I still am. But I think I was more heartbroken before than I am now. Zev's skin was disintegrated... and he fell into a coma." I said sadly. I've been telling this story so much that it's become immune to cry to. There were gasps.

"Do you have an idea to when he's going to wake up at all?" Rodney asked sympathetically. I shook my head feeling the tears come.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Silver." Jess and Marisa said.

"I miss him so much." I cried. "And I'm dying... I'm dying more and more each day."

"Oh God." Kevin and Rodney said.

"Is there anyway out of it?" They asked.

"We're mates, we're bonded through life and death. If a year goes by and he doesn't wake up... I may not either." I said sniffling. "It'll be the end of us both."

"What? That's not fair!" Marisa said defensively. I smiled a little.

"It is fair. It only means that I'll be able to live with him once again." I said. "I just wish for an ending to all this pain and suffering."

There was a long silence.

"So why do you stay with Zev all the time?" Jess asked.

"Because... he's the last bit of warmth in this life that I can actually feel. And the closer I am to him, the warmer I am."

"Oh..."

"I'm so sorry, Silver." They said.

"It's fine, it's not your faults. I shouldn't have made that promise."

I smiled to them and made it seem like everything was ok. But that's what I'd have to do. I know how this was going to end. Zev wasn't going to wake up. And I was going to die. But I can't let anyone know that I know exactly what's going to happen.

The month of March was over... and now the season of rain was coming. No doubt I felt weak. I felt weaker than I did before. I felt hopeless. I am hopeless.