32

A/N: Sorry it's so short. But I had to do something quick so you wouldn't live with the suspense.

---------

The Almost- Say This Sooner

----------

Just My Luck, Stuck With The Alpha.

Chapter Thirty-Two

I don't really know how I had gotten here. I don't. I can't remember. I was numb. I don't remember what happened. I can't remember. Rocking back and forward in the chair of my own Packhouse many people tried to comfort me. Unwilling tears poured from my eyes, you'd think that I'd be done crying after 6 hours. I stopped bothering to wipe them away. I stopped listening to people. I stopped talking. I couldn't hear inside his mind. I was yearning to hear inside his mind. I missed his voice. I wanted him. I wanted him bad.

--A Few Hours Before--

"ZEV!!" I screamed. I screamed his name till my throat was raw. Vladdy, Sinn, Slade, Cade, Xerin, Jaxon, Rowan and the others came to get him. Or what was left of him. No one would let me see him. I was on the verge of going wolf and no one would let me see him.

"SILVER!" I heard Rowan yell at me. "Calm down." Leon had let go of me a long time ago. No one was brave enough to hold me down. Trembling very badly I paced back and forth.

"I need to see him." I said tears running down my cheeks.

"Calm down..." He said in a soothing tone. I shook my head.

"Zev will be fine." Patrick said. I glared at him my eyes blood red and shifted right there. I jumped on him and snapped in his face. My ferocious growl echoing through his body.

"Silver!" Rowan said. "Go home!" I turned and growled at him. I ran off and kept running till I made it home. I trudged up the stairs and put clothes on. Then I went downstairs and just sat a chair rocking back and forward. Crying, moaning, grieving, wailing, I was doing everything except talking. And anyone who mentioned Zev's named usually got snapped at.

--Now--

I felt like I was dying inside. I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't speak. I was heartbroken. And now mateless. My mate is dead. Zev. Is. Dead. Just the thought of it made me cry even harder. I held on to the chair and just cried. Everyone was outside of the room watching me carefully. I think they thought I'd turn into some demon and kill everyone. No one had said a word since I blew everyone off.

"Onyx." A voice said. Ignoring the voice I continued to sob. I've never felt this empty in my life. "I know you're probably shut off from the world right now, but I'd like you to know he's still alive." My sob got choked up in my throat. "But, you can't see him. He's in highly critical condition." I turned my head and looked at Vladdy. "I'm not going to say I know how you feel because I don't. You really needed to know he's ok."

"...When will he be better?" I asked in a raspy voice. Gasps filled the room.

"A few months. Maybe more. Don't give up hope and shut yourself off. He needs you still." Vladdy said.

"I can't hear him anymore, our connection is lost." I said sadly, feeling the tears come back.

"...That's because he's in a coma." My heart dropped.

"But--but you said he'd be better in a few months." I said my voice being consumed by the tears.

"I should have elaborated, I'm sorry, I meant to say that his physical appearance will be back to normal in a few months. His mind... it's... a lost connection. We can't contact him." I clutched my arms and tried to control my breathing.

"He's in a coma..." I said crying again. This time it was worse. It was a silent cry. The one everyone hates the most... the shaking of the body, the silence, the tears. There's no way out of the pain that you feel during that type of cry. Without any question or hesitation, my brother, Vladdy, Sinn, Cade, Slade, Xerin, Kelliot and Leon enveloped me. And I let them.

There was no way around it.

It's a possibility I've lost Zev forever.

Or however long this coma lasts.

I'll get him through it.

It was hard. Oh, it was a hard few days of sleeping alone, being alone, not having anyone to smile at, not having that warm feeling inside your stomach whenever you wake up. Showers aren't comforting. It feels like death. Like someone's purposely making me suffer. If this is what it feels like to almost lose a mate... I might as well stop the suffering and end it.

But I can't.

I vow to stay with Zev until he wakes up. Even if that means he won't wake.

I got up and made my way to the kitchen slowly. I felt like I was living in a monochromatic life. And that color was gray. Occasionally I saw black parts in my life, then I'd see a few white parts and it'd make me smile for approximately 2 seconds. But everything else... everything else was gray. Each day would pass by with such a slowness I'd just want to die. Vladdy came in and tried to smile at me. But both he and I know that it'll just make matters worse.

No one asks me how I'm doing because I'll just get mad.

It seems like I've just been an angry person lately. It's something I can't really prevent, unfortunately. I met eyes with Vladdy and forced a smile which came out in a frown. "Trying to make breakfast?" Vladdy asked.

"Nothing tastes the same." I said. "It all tastes gray." He frowned.

"I wish I could let you see him..." Vladdy said. I slowly nodded.

"I wish I could talk to him."

"Just let his skin grow back and I should be able to let people visit him." Vladdy said.

"I hope so, Vladimir." I said. Yeah, I sort of stopped being fun. Now all I do is walk around with a huge black cloud over my head.

-Liam's POV-

Ever since the death of Zevariah Rhyne, there was news that everyone's been scared. I'm actually quite proud of that. Serves him right. Even though... I wish everyone was in that car. It would have been easier and less of a mess. I was surprised that no one tried to attack me. But then again they were all focused on Zev's remains. Which were practically nothing.

And I bet Silver's having the time of her life.

Now she knows how it feels to lose someone you're bound to.

-Silver's POV-

By nightfall I slowly made my way to my bedroom. I laid down on the bed and didn't bother stripping out of my clothes. Zev's towel still hung on the rack in the bathroom. I instantly got up and took it then made my way back over to the bed. I wrapped the towel around me and slowly began to feel the tiniest spark of warmth heat me up and bring color to my eyes.

And this is how I fall asleep every night.