29

Song: Swallowed In The Sea by Coldplay

-----------------------

Just My Luck, Stuck With The Alpha.

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Zev slipped his hand in mine and squeezed as we walked around in the woods. I sighed and leaned up against him. Was there anything else I wanted more than this? The peace and quiet with the one I'm meant to be with. All was well. Everything was perfect. Or at least I wish it was. Everything was far from perfect. Liam is still alive, people are held captive with Liam. Once Liam's dead and his pack is no longer a threat then.... Then everything will be perfect. Zev nudged my shoulder.

"We should probably head back and go to bed." He said. I nodded.

"That would be nice... except there's still a party going on and you know how they party." I said looking up at him. He chuckled.

"Yeah I do." He said.

We turned back and began to walk our way home. We would randomly bring up topics about whatever came to mind. I know it wasn't really important but I wanted to know. I cleared my throat.

"Hey, Zev." I said kind of nervous.

"Hm?" He asked.

"Who put me in your shirt?" I asked quietly. It was quite silent. Then his chuckled filled the silent air.

"I did of course." He said. I gulped. Oh dear.

"You didn't see anything did you?" I asked alert.

"If I say no, will you relax?" He asked.

"Yes, I would." I said.

"No." He said. I exhaled. He probably wasn't telling the truth but all I needed to know was that he didn't see me in the nude. "But--"

"Don't tell me what you saw." I interrupted quickly.

"Why are you so nervous about your body?" He asked curious.

"I dunno... I guess it's because--I dunno." I said honestly. "I've had guys marvel my body when I have clothes on. It's just weird when I'm in the nude." I said quietly. He laughed and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I was just going to say, that you're beautiful no matter what." He said, I smiled.

"As long as you feed those words to me, I feel beautiful." I said. He chuckled and laid a kiss on my head.

"Good. It shows that believe what I say." I rolled my eyes and nudged him.

"Just for that I'm gonna be defiant." I smirked.

"Ooh, fun." He said. I frowned.

"If you play along it won't be fun. It'll be pointless." I mumbled.

"Exactly." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"You ruin my fun." I said.

"It's not completely ruined." He said. I grinned. Oh yeah... you're right... I'm completely intelligent! I will find a way to be defiant to you.

We finally made our way back to our place I decided to let Zev crash at my place since... well, he's a little far from home. I had hopped in the shower and gotten dressed in my jammies. Everyone was downstairs doing who knows what. So I decided I'd go and join. I jogged downstairs and followed the noise. There everyone was in the living room watching movies and once again cuddled up. I didn't see Zev anywhere I looked around then felt hands on my waist.

"Looking for me?" He said huskily in my ear. I shivered.

"Nope." I smirked. "I was looking for a seat." I said. He shook behind me and I heard a chuckle escape his throat.