43

Howl - Florence and the Machine

-----------------------------

Just My Luck, Stuck With The Alpha.

Chapter Forty-Three

-Silver's POV-

Oddly I felt like after I had gotten back from getting the food, Zev seemed to be in a haze. I mean we were communicating and whatnot but I felt like I didn't have his attention completely. But I was not going to worry. Zev is my mate and if he's going through something I'd rather have him tell me when he feels like it. I don't want to force anything out of him.

I slipped my hand in his on the way out and squeezed it. He delayed by about three minutes, then he squeezed my hand back. I was concerned slightly.

"Hey, Silver, you ok?" He asked when we got in the car. I smiled genuinely.

"I'm fine, are you ok?" I asked.

"Just tired." He said. That's understandable.

"Nothing's bothering you is there?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I just think my eyes are playing tricks on me. Maybe a pack run would help clear my mind or something." He said.

"Do you think that it might have something to do with your memories?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Maybe." I smiled and leaned over for a kiss. I was going for the cheek but he redirected his face and grabbed my lips with his. Grinning a little I tugged his bottom lip. Then pulled away.

"Let's go." I said softly. After that I had forgotten the whole thing that was wrong with Zev, just his memories.

-Liam's POV-

The sorceress walked into my throne room and kneeled before me. "It is done. The spell has been activated."

"It's amazing how you've been such a lovely reliable figure here in my family, Genesis." I said. "There's no need for you to kneel, you beautiful goddess." She rose, her hypnotic bright green eyes met mine and I was instantly attracted to her, enticed, but everyone was. Well, every male was. It's apart of her allure. She brings you in with her appearance and turns you into her pet... or worse.

"There's only one reason why I've ever agreed on doing this." She said her hands on her hips. I rose my brow.

"Oh, really?" I asked.

"For Zevariah Rhyne of course." She smirked. "I've always had eyes for him. That's why I agreed to cast the enchanting spell on him as a child when his family was being destroyed. Then while he was in a coma I tried to make him lose touch with his reality so his little mate would die off. I could use his body for many things you know." She said an evil glint in her eyes. "But, somehow he was able to resist. Heavily resist. But there won't be resisting me the next time he sees me." She purred.

"What do you plan on doing to him exactly?" I asked quite curious. Her laugh rang through the room and down the hall.

"I'm going to make him love me. Then go back to his mate to break her heart." She said.

"Wait. Wait. Wait. Are you stupid or fucking retarded? You won't get away with banging Silver's mate and "breaking her heart". This girl is Female Alpha. She doesn't stop at nothing. And if she finds out that you're the one who did this whole thing she'll fuck you up." I warned seriously.

"I thought you hated the girl." Genesis said checking out her fingernails.

"She's... different. Strong. Independent. Sexy. And smart. That's exactly what a guy like me needs." I said.