Chapter 14

**Hayes' POV**

We were all pacing back and fourth. We were all crying, and Nash called my mom.

I stopped for a minute and sat down.

I was so mad. Why did I make her run? Why didn't I check the weather before we went? Im so stupid. I hate myself. Why can't I be like Mack? Smart. It was all my fault. 

I walked to the bathroom, locked the door, and looked at myself. Im such a mess up. I put some water on face and dried it. Maybe she'll be okay, and everything would go back to Normal. I unlocked the door and walked out. I saw the doctor just leave. 

"Well, whats wrong with her?" I asked.

"He said shes going to be fine," Nash started because Hailey was balling.

"She just had a panic attack, because she was scared and doesn't remember anything." he finished

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"WHAT IF SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER ME!?" I asked

"Hayes, she just didn't remember what exactly happened from the drugs shes on." 

"Well, is she up!?" i asked

"Yeah, but we cant see her until her blood pressure goes down," he replied.

I sighed and sat down. "This is all my fault,"

"Hayes, don't say that. It's not yours." Hailey said.

I just looked at the floor while my mom came running in with Skylynn. I looked up and I could see my mom very worried.

"Is she alright?"

"Yeah, just had a panic attack. They're keeping her in a drifferent room until her blood pressure goes down."

She sat down next to me and put Skylynn on her lap. She touched my should and said, "Hayes look at me."

I looked at her

"None of this is your fault. You guys both were trying to run back home before the storm. It could have been worse, you could have been struck by lightning, or slipped and fell and broke your bones. How would Mackenzie feel if she new that you were blaming this all on you? She wouldn't think it was your fault. Imagine if you were laying in that Hospital bed, and she was blaming it all on her self? You wouldn't believe it was her fault, Hayes. I want you to know that."

Maybe she had a point. Why should I be blaming this on me when it could have been me? It should have been me, but thats not the point. She wouldn't be proud if she found out I was hating on myself.

"Wheres Mack at?" Skylynn asked.

"She in another room, she'll be back soon," I said.

We all just chatted until the doctor brought her bed back in, she was awake. My eyes widened, and a smile came on my face.

"MACK!" I yelled. She smiled.

I get to see her beautiful eyes, and her perfect smile. When the doctor left and went up and sat on her bed.

"Hi, beautiful"

She put her hands over her face.

"Whats wrong, Mack?" I asked

"I don't want you to see me like this." she said very lightly.

"Come on, mack. I havent seen you in 3 days. Move your hands"

She moved her hands and pulled the covers over her face. 

"Well, that doesn't help, now does it?" I giggled.

She put the covers down and smiled.

"So, uh, what happened," Nash asked.

She sat there for a moment and squinted her eyes.

I grabbed her hand and she looked at me and smiled.

"Well, uh, I woke up and I was really thirsty. I went downstairs to get some water. I took a little sip and walked up stairs. I was really hot so I grabbed the thermometer and checked my temperature. I was in like the hundreds. I went back to bed, and I was tossing and turning. Hayes woke up and I told him to go back to sleep. I was going to go tell Hailey, but then I everything turned black. Thats all I remember." she said.

"You could have told me, you know." I said

she nodded.

Everyone went down stairs to grab something to eat but I stayed with her.

"I missed you," i said.

Her face turned bright red and she covered her face up, AGAIN.

"Mack. It's cute when you turn red."

She laughed under the blankets and then she uncovered herself.

"Will i be okay?" she said.

I thought about it for a moment and replied.

"Yes," i said.

"Promise?" she asked.

I looked at her, 

"I promise. I would never lie to you."

She smiled.

I leaned in too kiss her, but this time..

It was different..

Way different.

Okay, I really like writing this story. Im writing the next chapter soon.

~M.xx