Chapter 4

Whos going to the Nashville magcon? I got VIP tickets and im SUPER excited. Has anyone been to magcon and they can tell me what its like? I'm going in 14 days. anyways this story is going to get more interesting and im super excited for writing it. I hope you guys enjoy(: Also no hate to Jordan it's just to give the story some action. ~M.xx

**Mackenzies POV**

What just happened? Does hayes still have feelings for me. Wait? I seriously just can't believe he liked me... I liked him at that time too. Maybe I should start going to the tree more often.. I felt the connection.. Like wifi. Lol no time for jokes. Hayes texted me and i instantly jumped up Hey :) I had a mini heart attack.. But he's dating Jordan. I just. He's just perfect but I can't Hey I replied back. I just don't understand. We're best friends.Hayes, I really have to go im very tired. Night :) I lied. I wasn't tired at all. Maybe we were just stuck in the moment. Wait. Hailey and Nash are going to a movie tomorrow. Jordan has cheer so do you wanna go? he asked. Was it like a date? or a best friend date? wait. forgot. he has a girlfriend Is that a good idea? i mean Jordan... you know she'll get mad and i don't want her to be mad at you. I kind of did, kind of didn't. Yes! i even asked her. listen, you're my best friend. nothing can come between us, you KNOW that. Go to bed, and text me in the morning, okay? he replied. Okay. Night Hayes. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and went and layed down. Tomorrow should be fun.

**Next day**

I got up and made my decision. I think it will be good, so I got up and texted Hayes yes.. I took a shower and me, being my lazy i didn't really feel like doing anything but drying it and putting it into a topknot. I put my jeans on, and pulled my favorite magcon sweater on. Hayes texted me and told me to come over early, to eat lunch and stuff. We were going to watch a movie by ourselves, and hayes and I will debate which one we watch. I wanted to watch the Justin Bieber one, maybe I can talk him into it. I walked over and i was actually getting butterflies in my stomach. I got there, and knocked on the door and heard Hayes say "Come in!" I walked in and he made lunch. It was my favorite. Turkey sand which with butter, mustard, and cheese, with potatoe chips and a mountain dew. He remembered. "Hey Mack! I figured you would like something GOOD to eat, knowing me I can't cook to save my life," i giggled. "Thanks Hayes, I owe you one" He put some easy mac in the microwave and ate that, with a pepsi. "So, Mack, what movie do you want to see?" "Hmm.. I think we should see The Justin bieber believe movie." "Umm.. No. Im not going to get called gay from people, and my brother will give me so much crap." "Pleeeeeeeease Hayyyyyyyyyeessssss" I asked "No." "Pleaseeeeeeeeeee. it would make me so happyyy!" "Ugh, fine, but if I get called gay because of you I am never talking to you again" "Deal," I blushed.

 Hailey and Nash soon came down and were getting ready to take us. "So what movie are you guys goin to see?" Nash asked. "The justin Bieber movie." Nash started laughing. "Hailey was actually going to make me go with her, but i refused. Im not going to get called gay" "Hey its not gay! I happen to know a lot of boys that like Justin Bieber, Nash." I defended.He laughed. Hayes was laughing too, "Cute mack, but I told you he would make fun of me" I blushed as we walked to the car. We were in the care and Hailey put in her Justin Bieber CD. We were jamming out, and Hayes and Nash we're laughing.  As we arrived me and Hayes bought tickets. His friends were there with a bunch of girls, and Jordan. Hayes just looked at her. They didn't notice us so we snuck around them. Hayes looked really stunned because he didn't get invited. They we a year older than us, but still. That's HAYES' girlfriend. We got popcorn and ran to the theater. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, she just told me she had Cheer... I'm just kind of confused." "Well maybe it was a misunderstanding. Ask her where she is, and maybe she'll say shes here" I put popcorn in my mouth, and Hayes eyes were glossy as he slipped his phone in his pocket. "What's wrong, Hayes?" "She said she was at cheer and that she had to go" I felt bad for him.. Hayes was a good guy.. Why would she do this?

 ** HAYES POV** 

I was stunned she lied to me, but let it go because I was with Mack.. We were watching the previews as soon as a noisy group comes in.. It was Jordan. She saw me but just sat down next to one one my best friends. I walked straight out. I ran into the bathroom. I felt bad. This was supposed to be a best friend day.

*Mackenzies POV**

Jordan was death starring me. Literally. I looked at her and her eyes were wide.. I looked away and I felt something hit my forehead. It was a piece of popcorn. Jordan through it. I ignored her but it hit me again, and again, and again. I stormed over to her, and yelled "How could you do this to Hayes? Hes so good to you and you just ditched him!" I felt bad a stormed off and called hayes. No answer. I saw him come out of the bathroom and his eyes were puffy. "Wanna talk about it?" I asked. He nodded his head. I walked outside and he hugged me. I felt the connection again. The zoo going on in my stomach. "Thanks Mack" he said. "Hey Don't cry, Hayes. She loves you. Maybe she needed time with friends or maybe she just lied because she knew you would  get mad. Hayes its okay." I was hoping he would say something but he stormed back in and I followed. He went up to Jordan, who was holding another guys hand, "We're done." He said. She just said okay, and he walked out. He didn't cry, didn't yell, didn't do anything. Just walked. 

"Hayes," I asked. He turned around.. I was terrified his eyes were dark blue. he came up to me and hugged me. He started to cry. I knew what it was like. My ex boyfriend cheated on me. It was a while ago, but I adventually got over it. I was 10, and that year i met hayes. Relationships weren't serious back then thats most likly why I got over it. I rubbed his back as I saw Nash & Hailey walk out of the movie theater. They rushed over and Hayes told them the story. We soon went back to Nash's and no one was home so I just stayed with Hayes. We were laying on the edge of his bed as he was crying. I pulled him into a hug and started rubbing his back. We let go. He was perfect, even when his eyes were bloodshot and puffy. I heard a knock on his door, and it was my sister. "Time to go Mack, we'll be back over in the morning." I got up and hugged Hayes goodbye. Why is he so sad? She cheated on him. I didn't know. As I got home I didn't change, or take out my topknot. I brushed my teeth and layed down. Until Sleep took over my body..

Okay, again, this is just a story, nothing real. Thanks again ~m.xx