Chapter Five

Still screaming at the top of my lungs and heart threatening to burst, the elevator kept going down. Xavier and I were thrown towards the roof of the elevator.

"We're gonna die!" I yelled over the noise of the falling elevator.

"No we aren't going to die!" Xavier said pulling me towards him. He hugged me tight and pulled me on top of him.

"Wait, what are you-" the elevator hit the bottom and everything went black.

I woke up to the sound of beeping noises. I felt no pain, I could feel my heart beating normal, and my breathing was nice and even. I tried to open my eyes, but they felt like they weigh a ton.

"Dayanna, honey, please wake up," I heard my father crying, "You've been in a coma for six months! You got to wake up, please wake up."

"Mr. Mirand, visiting hours are over, I'm sorry she didn't wake up today" said a female voice.

I felt my dad get up and look at me, he sighed and walked out the door. It's been six months?! It couldn't be. How was Xavier doing? Oh my god, is he dead?

I tried to speak or make a noise, and a groan escaped my lips.

"Dayanna! She's awake!" my dad said running back to my side.

I tried to make out words, but they were came out as mumbles and gibberish.

"Xavier? Are you trying to ask for Xavier?"

"Yes" I managed to whisper.

"Sorry honey he... died" he said.

This time, I managed to open my eyes. I felt the air leave my lungs. Dead?! No its couldn't be, it's  not fair! We both should of dies of at least just me.

"Honey calm down. Nurse!" my dad said.

The sweet darkness welcomed me again.

'Dayanna' said a female voice in my head, 'Help me! Get these chains of me! Please! I can't help you unless i'm freed!' 

A red-brown wolf came into view. She had chains all over her body. They were thick and around her mouth, paws, and they were holding her down. She tried to move and break the chains, but she couldn't break them, they were too thick and strong.

'How can I help you?!' I said appearing next to her.

'Wake up, Dayanna, wake up'  she said.

'Wait, what? What's that suppose to mean?' I asked, but everything started getting blurry and dark, 'No! Don't go!' 

'Wake up, Dayanna, wake up.' 

I opened my eyes.

"Day!" some females' voices screamed my name. I jumped and looked at the open door in front of me. All my friends ran towards my bed and gathered into a tight group hug. "We missed you!" they said.

"They wouldn't let us see you the first time we heard what happened!" said Kat.

"We begged them to let us come see you!" Riley said.

"They told us you woke up a month ago" Rayven said.

"Omg! Are you okay?!" Eliza said.

"Girls!" I said when I saw them open their huge mouths again to talk, "One at a time! I just woke up, well again, but still! Calm down!"

"Okay, first off, what the hell happened?!" Kat said.

"I'm not entirely sure... I was in an elevator with..." I said stopping and realizing what I was about to say.