Chapter Two

When I got outside, I ran to the woods that whew near the school. My wolf growled as I stripped of my clothes and hide them in the shrubs.

'Hey, don't go blaming me! I am so fucking confused!' I told my wolf as I turned into him, feeling the familiar sensation of bones shifting and fur sproting. He just growled in response and continued running through the woods.

'Xavier! What are you doing outside of school!?' my older sister, Michaela, said though the pack's link. She appeared in front of me and blocked my way. She was a light brown wolf.

My wolf growled at her.

'What happened, Xavier,' she said.

'Met my mate,' I said, and my wolf howled.

'Human!?' she said with sympathy.

'Xavier! What are you doing here?' my brother, my sister's twin, said appearing from the woods. He was the same color as my sister.

'Go away, Alex,' I growled.

'What's going on here?' my father, the alpha, said. Yes my father's the alpha of our pack, but I'm not the next in line to become the alpha, my brother is. Did I mention he's the beta?

'That's what we're trying to figure out,' Alex said.

'What's wrong, Xavier, my father asked, this  better be quick. Your brother and I have duties.'

'I found my mate,' I said.

Day's POV

"Excuse me" he said getting up from the table and leaving the lunch room.

"Day! Why did you do that?!" my friends said in shock.

"I don't want a relationship!" I answered back.

"But that was rude!" Kat said.

"Well sorry, but I don't feel anything for him" I said as the bell rang for us to leave the lunch room and head for our next class.

We all got up and threw our lunch away. Eliza stayed next to me for both had Algebra next. The others went to class as Eliza and I went to our lockers, which were right next to each other.

"You should at least give him a chance, Dayanna" she said. Yeah, she knows my real name, and so does Eliza. They are the only exceptions.

"Why should I? I don't want another break up, my heart would'nt take it" I said with a sigh and I opened my locker and grabbed my Algebra II book and backpack.

"You never know, Xavier can be something else. He can change you, he could heal your broken heart" she said getting her stuff and closing her locker.

 I heard a howl.

"Did you hear that?" I asked Eliza.

"Hear what?" she said while we walked to our next class.

"That howl?"

"No, are you hearing things?" she asked looking at me.

"No" I frowned and we entered our class. We took our seats in the back and waited for the bell to ring.

Mrs. Ordain started class anyway.

"We were going to have a new student today, but I guess he didn't come today. Anyways we have a test today. Clear you desk and get out something to write with, I suggest you a pencil" she said and passed stacks of paper to the front of the rows.

"Do you think the new student might of been Xavier?" Eliza whispered.

"Don't know, don't care" I said and started on the test when I had it passed to me.