Chapter Four

"And why do we have to give them a 'home? There are plenty of other hotels they can go to, they probably have other friends out there!" I said.

"Dayanna, just drop it" my dad said in a warning tone.

"Fine, but you owe me huge" I said and crossed my arms.

Xavier

Is she you mate?' Alex asked. I mentally nodded.

Well, she and her father are not human' my father said

What do you mean? Michaela said they were human'  I said.

She doesn't always know everything, and her sense of smell is off' he said.

Hey!' Michaela whinnied.

' Anyway... I can sense they're not human, but I'm not sure if they're werewolves like us ' 

The manager, Day's (or as I know now, Dayanna's) dad, cleared his throat. "Well, I'll let my daughter here take you all to your rooms or 'living courts' as we like to call them" the man said.

"Thank you so much Roger Mirand" my dad said getting up, Alex following his example.

"No problem Jake Monte" her dad said, "Dayanna, honey, here are the room cards. Please go show them their rooms." He haded her the room cards.

"Yes daddy" she said with an inocent smile and grabbing the card from him. Her smile vanished the second we left the office.

"Hope I get a room next to yours" I said wiggling my eyebrows at her.

"Don't push your luck" she said leading us towards the other side of the hotel.

'Don't get her angry anymore. If she's a werewolf, she could change and hurt someone, and we do not want to make a scene' my dad said.

"Okay" I said.

 We aborded a black colored elevator and Dayanna pressed the 16th number. the elevator's doors closed and we started going up. A song called Poisoned with Love by Neon Hitch was playing as we all rode in silence.

"So, Dayanna-"

"Day" she cut off my brother.

"Day" he corrected himself, "you go to my little brothers school?"

"Yeah"

"And y'all just met each other today?"

She nodded.

"Do you believe in werewolves?" he asked. My eyes widened and my dad almost growled.

'What are you thinking!' I said.

Dayanna laughed, "They only exist in stories and movies, they are not real,"

"Really" my brother frowned.

"Yup" she said and the elevator suddenly stopped. The smell of burning herbs filled my nostrils.

'Witch' we all thought.

"Stupid elevator" Dayanna said and pressed the emergency call button.

"That's not going to work" my dad said and the elevator's light turned red. The music cut off.

"Ugh" she said crossing her arms and closing her eyes. She leaned against the elevator's wall.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm fine" she said. The elevator made a screeching sound and it started going up, a little faster than it was going earlier.

'Why would a witch be here?' Alex thought