I'm sorry

It had been a week since Amelia had died and there had been a small funeral for her. There was very few people attending along with Wade. Instead of standing with everyone else he watched from the distance behind a tree. He thought it might be better than having to explain himself to her brother.

He went because he wanted to see who Amelia's brother was, but that wasn't the only reason. He still felt guilty for what happened to her. He felt so bad that he would lay awake at night just replaying the scene over and over again in his head. If he did manage to fall asleep, he would be quickly woken up by nightmares. Then after, he would just go on thinking how the whole thing was his fault. He didn't tell Peter about the nightmares or how he was staying awake at night. He didn't want him to worry, but that just made things more difficult for him. Eventually, Peter found out and suggested that going to the funeral might help Wade. So he went researching around and found out when the funeral was going to be. Peter offered to go with him but Wade wanted to do this alone. He just hoped that going would make him feel better. So far it hasn't.

As the funeral went on, he looked for someone around Amelia's age, everyone there looked older then her. Except 1 boy, who looked young enough to be her brother. He looked a lot like her. He had short dirty blond hair that was combed back nicely and dark brown eyes that looked very similar to hers. He felt even more depressed when he saw the look on his face. It looked like he was trying to fight back tears. It didn't seem to work because soon enough he was crying and it looked like he wasn't going to stop any time soon.

After a while, everyone left except for Wade and Amy's brother. Flame was just talking to the grave in front of him until he stopped crying. Wade wanted to go up and say something to the other boy, but he knew that would make things worse. It's all my fault. She was only 15. What did I do? Suddenly the boy clenched his fists and he gritted his teeth. Wade knew he was angry and who he was angry at. The boy walked away and he knew Flame was going to come after him soon.

When he got home he was feeling more depressed then before. He laid down on the couch and pulled a blanket over himself. When Peter asked how it went, Wade just stayed silent. During the rest of the week, Wade had been quiet not eating or drinking much. Peter would try to get him to eat something and every now and then he would take a few bites just to make Peter happy.

"It's been a week Wade and you're still sad. I don't understand why, you didn't even know the girl." Wade glared at him.

"Well I know her name was Amelia Roberts, she was 15, she was very important to her brother and now she's dead because of me! I killed her! I promised I wouldn't kill anymore and when I do it's a 15 year old girl! She's never killed anyone or harmed people, and I killed her! So sorry if I seem a little bit upset to you!" Wade shouted at him.

Peter took a step back and sighed. "You're hurting and I'm guessing you don't want me around right now, so I'll be in our room." Peter left the room and Wade frowned. He laid there for a couple of minutes, but he felt bad for yelling at Peter. So he got up and went to the bedroom. He opened the door to their room to see Peter on his bed reading a book.

"I'm sorry I shouted at you," Wade mumbled.

Peter looked up at him from his book and set it down on the night stand, "it's okay, I understand why you yelled. I shouldn't have been so rude about this whole thing. I should be comforting you." Peter scooted over making space for Wade on the bed. He pat the empty spot next to him signaling the other boy to come over. Wade crawled onto the bed and laid next to Peter.

"It's still my fault for yelling," Wade mumbled. Peter kissed his head then laid down next to him. Wade wrapped his arms around Peter and brought him closer just wanting to be near him. Peter leaned his head on Wade's chest.