The Call

The phone was ringing. Wade got up lazily and answered the phone. Peter was walking by when Wade was talking. He wasn't going to listen in, but something was wrong. Wade kept a hushed voice like he didn't want Peter to hear. Peter went to the next room and listened in on the conversation.

"Hello?" Peter heard. "Yea.... But I-....  Wait. how much did you say?.... Wow. I'll have to think about it." Wade hung up the phone. He took a deep breath and sat on the couch. Peter took this chance to walk in and find out more about the call.

"Who was it?" he asked.

"Oh it's no one. Just an old friend. Nothing you need to worry about." Wade responded. Peter raised an eyebrow. He looked at Wade who was deep in thought. That was not like the Wade he knew at all. "You know what? I'm going to go out for a bit. You stay here, everything is fine. Just need to think something over." Wade grabbed his mask. Then without another word he teleported out of the room.

"He better not take long." Peter sighed and grabbed his books to study.

Wade had teleported on top of a random building. He sat down on the edge thinking of the conversation he had on the phone. He had gotten a call  to kill the one and only, Spider-man. This was also one of his biggest pays he ever had. He just had to figure out what to do.

Well if I don't kill him, someone else will anyway. Then they would have the money and not me. He laid down and the image of Peter dead was floating through is mind. I can't do it. I just can't let anyone hurt him. He got mad at himself for the the thought of killing Peter even crossed his mind.

He got up and that's when a plan to protect Peter came to mind. He grabbed his katanas and jumped on the roof top buildings.

Wade hadn't returned for 3 days. Peter was in bed reading when Wade appeared in the room from his mysterious disappearance.

"Hi Petey." He said smiling under his mask like he was here the whole time. Peter shut his book and looked up at him glaring.

"Wade?! Where were you I've been worried sick about you!"

"Whats there to worry about. What matters is that I'm here now." He opened his arms expecting a hug.

"Nothing to worry about?! 3 damn days and not a single phone call! You can't just leave for days at a time and not expect me to worry! I at least deserve an explanation!"

"Okay fine" Wade took a deep breath then explained the whole thing from the phone call till he got to the apartment.

"Okay let me see if I got everything right. So you got a phone call to kill me, then you went out looking for the guy who wanted me dead, killed him then came back here, but grabbed some mexican before stopping here?" Wade nodded.

"Look Wade-"

"What would you do if you were in my position? What would you do if I could die and a very dangerous man was out to kill me?" Peter thought about it for a moment. Finally he gave in and just wanted to go to bed.

"Fine. We can talk about this later, I'm really tired and I want to go to bed." Peter laid down on the bed and turned off the lights.

Wade could not sleep. Ever since the night of the call. He'd been having nightmares. He grabbed Peter close to him and burried his face in the smaller boys dark brown hair.

"Peter? You'll always stay with me right? You'll never leave me?"

"I'll never leave you Wade. Night." Wade still couldn't sleep. He never really thought about Peter being gone from his life. He just always imagined him there right next to him. Maybe I'll feel different tomorrow. He thought. Then fell aseep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I am so sorry I havn't updated in awhile. School is killing me, but I have a week-long break so MORE WRITING! Any way do you still want me to write the Halloween one. If I do I'm going to include some more heroes from Marvel in it. Oh no I've said to much. Well thanks for reading. Bye.