Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

The week after the wedding passed in a blink.

After waking up with hangovers, the day after the wedding was spent mostly lounging around. Becky and Dad had taken Tahlia out for the day to give Taylor and me some space. We'd woken about midday, still dressed in our wedding outfits, unaware of most events taken place late the night before. I'd then been made breakfast in bed by my new husband and we opened the various gifts we'd been given. It was a simple day, but it was one to definitely remember.

The days after, our regular routine was put back into motion and we continued on with our lives, this time as Mr. and Mrs. Elliott. Taylor soon went back to university after his study break and I started up with the parent's club again. Today, however, was my first session back at the physical therapist after the wedding.

"I'll drop you here and park the car," Taylor said as he pulled up at the front entrance to the hospital.

"Okay," I replied as I assembled my wheelchair outside the car.

I transferred my body from the car and into the wheelchair swiftly after many weeks of practice. I wheeled myself away from the door and slammed it shut. I waved my fiancée- wait, scratch that. I waved my husband and my daughter a brief adieu before I wheeled myself into the hopital and through the corridors and elevators until I came to the right place.

Physical therapy.

I made my way into the room where my physical therapist, Dr. Ian Trunt was signing off his previous patient. A young, adolescent male. He was only at the stage I was at when I had first started. I could definitely feel empathy for the young boy and his mother, especially for their psychological state they must both be in.

"Ah, Nasettia!" Dr. Trunt exclaimed as the boy was wheeled away by his mother. "Long time, no see. How have you been?"

No doubt he knew I was married now, but he would still hope for what wasn't there to hope for.

"I'm very well thank you," I told him as politely as I could.

"Ah, I'm pleased to hear that," he said, looking over his clipboard at me, "But, where is your fiancée?"

"Taylor's my husband now, thank you," I corrected him, "Both he and Tahlia will be here shortly. They dropped off at the front and are going to park the car."

I saw the doctor's face turn to an expression of pure evil. "Hmm," he grumped.

There was that much hated moment of awkward silence.

"Well, let's get started, shall we?" he said, not pleasantly at all.

"Yeah, can I have a go on the walking bars today?" I asked, desperately wanting to try walking.

He gave me a puzzled look. "Are you sure you're capable of it?"

"I think so. I managed to hobble down the isle with my dad and brother supporting me." I didn't want to get into too many details of the wedding, but this one seemed necessary for the doctor to know.

Dr. Trunt let out a sigh, changing around notes on his clipboard. "Why not?" he muttered to himself, walking over to the parallel bars, me following behind him. Gee, and I thought I got moody with PMS! This guy was unbelievable!

I heard the entrance of Taylor and Tahlia, both proceeding to take a seat nearby. Dr. Trunt saw them both, and his eyes showed that it was game on again. His sleazy grin was back on his face and his eyes looked hungry. He threw his clipboard to the side and began his grotesque, invading touches that made my spine shiver in fear.