Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

(BACK TO NASETTIA'S POINT OF VIEW)

I was his.

And he was mine.

Finally, we were each other's. Officially now.

That kiss had just finalised it. Now, we were completely inseparable.

Applause erupted as my new husband continued to kiss me passionately. My arms were now wrapped around his neck, pulling him down to my height as I sat helplessly on the stool. I never wanted this kiss to stop, but I knew it would have to.

Very slowly, and very gradually, Taylor pulled away from the kiss, reluctant to let go.

The applause seemed to grow louder and louder, and I looked into the audience to see Becky, Cathy and even Mum, with tears streaming down their faces. Dad and Brian looked on the verge of tears, but Don was looking bored almost.

I didn't have time to dwell on this, as the marriage celebrant spoke one last line.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I announce to you, Mr. and Mrs. Taylor and Nasettia Elliott."

I smiled to my husband at the few simple words that meaned so much more. Taylor smiled back at me, and leant in for another quick kiss.

"I love you," he whispered against my pouted lips.

I smiled. "I bloody well hope so. I mean, we're married, it's usually a given that a bride and groom love each other."

He couldn't help but let a small laugh escape. "Very funny," he said sarcastically.

"It's just one of my many charms," I smiled, enjoying this playful mood. It must be the euphoric atmosphere of today.

He smiled with me. "Ready to be congratualted by the family?" he asked, his forehead touching mine.

"Not really," I asnwered truthfully, "Can't we stay like this?"

"I wish. But, today we've got a show to put on," he replied, brushing his fingertips down my jaw to my chin.

I groaned lightly which made him laugh in return.

"Well then dear husband," I smiled at the new name I could call him, "you'd better carry me away like a princess."

"I guess that's my job now isn't it?"

"Sure is. That's what marriage is all about! The man's supposed to treat his woman like the world!"

"Oh, really?" he objected lightly, "I don't remember reading that in the contract."

Before I could reply, a throaty cough from somewhere in the audience brought me back to the world.

My cheeks blushed a deep red as I turned to face my new family. They were all looking at Taylor and I with expressions of pleasure with a slight hint of impatience upon their smiling faces.

Becky was unable to control her joy as she made her way up to the small platform.

"Nassy!" she cooed as she wrapped her arms around me.

I hugged her back tightly. My love for Becky was hard to explain - she'd taken me into her home, hardly knowing me at all, and she treated me so well, as though she were my biological mother. She reminded me of the love Taylor held for Tahlia.

From then on, other family members approached Taylor and I to congratulate us. I sat on my stool the whole time, unable to move, with Taylor not leaving my side. And, to my surprise, I didn't get tired of the constant congratulations at all. Instead, I soaked them all up, smiling whenever someone else wished Taylor and me - as well as Tahlia - well being for our future.