Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

I must have fallen asleep whilst everybody had been visiting me, for the next thing I knew, I was waking up to a brand new day. The blinds were shut, cutting off any source of light, and the monitors were beeping at a calm, steady pace. There was also a strange humming sound that I knew immediately was coming from Taylor. He sat on the pink hospital chair beside me in a deep, humble sleep without Tahlia. She must have been taken home with Dallas. It reminded me of the time after I birthed Tahlia, and Taylor had slept each and every night on the chair, often falling asleep before I did.

I would have left him to sleep, but my bladder felt as though it were going to explode if the pressure wasn't released immediately, and I was now incapable of completing that task without assistance. I hated the feeling of being trapped without any movement.

"Tay," I murmured.

Nothing.

I reached over as best I could, my limp legs allowing me only minor movement, and tapped his arm. This, caused him to wake slowly.

Tay groaned a few times as he wiped the rheum from his eyes, stretching his limbs as he went. Suddenly, reality dawned on him. "What's wrong?!" he asked, alarmed.

"Nothing's wrong, Tay," I assured, letting his muscles relax, "I need to use the bathroom, that's all."

Taylor yawned once more before standing from the chair and wheeling over my wheelchair. He helped me lift the hospital blankets off of me, but he had to do most of it.

"I hate not being able to do anything," I mumbled as he unhooked me from the machines.

Tay smiled. "Take advantage of it."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, everybody's going to be doing everything for you, almost as though you're royalty. Let them treat you like the princess you truly are," he answered.

I couldn't stop myself from scoffing at his words. "That is the most corny thing you have ever said in the time we've been together."

"Well, love makes us do strange things," he said calmly, bringing his lips onto mine. I smiled under the heat of his mouth as it moved with mine in perfect harmony.

I'd almost forgotten about my bladder, but when Tay freed my lips, my kidneys began to protest. Tay must have seen the expression on my face, because he stifled a laugh.

"Do you mind?!" I said in mockery.

This time, he let a small chuckle free as he came closer to my half-paralyzed body. His right arm came around my shoulders, and his left arm coiled over and under my legs.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yep," I said, wrapping my arms around Tay's neck to make the task of lifting me easier for him.

On Taylor's count of three, he lifted me high off the hospital bed and moved me into the wheelchair, probably showing my bare naked arse to the world. Damned hospital gowns!

I cringed at the pain the movement caused in my back.

Tay released me once I was seurely seated in the wheelchair and then moved my legs to a position that looked as though I were sitting regularly. The strangest thing was, I couldn't feel Tay's hands on my legs at all, only slightly on my left leg.

"You're okay?" he asked, wary.

I only rolled my eyes. "Yes, I'm fine. To the bathroom!" I said as though I were some superhero.

Tay shook his head before standing behind the chair and pushing me in the direction I most desired.

As he wheeled me to the toilet, he was unsure of what next to do. "Uh..."