Chapter 01

Please note: The Unexpected Has Arrived! is the sequel to That Was Unexpected!

CHAPTER 1

As Taylor pulled up at the library, Samantha waved at me eagerly as she came to a stop with Bridget in the pram in front of her. I smiled and waved back at her before turning back to Tay. He'd been stressed lately, seeing as his mid-year university examinations were coming up in the next few weeks.

As soon as the car had come to a stop, I got out of the car, just as Tay did. He went to the boot of the car and began manoeuvring the pram out. Meanwhile, I opened the back door of the passenger-side of the car, and began to unbuckle Tahlia from her seat.

"Mummy, are we reading today?" she asked as I unbuckled her seat belts. Her English speaking wasn't clear, but it was as a toddler's would be at such an age.

"We sure are sweetie," I replied, smiling as she smiled at my answer. We weren't reading novels or anything - I mean, she's only two years old - but she enjoyed when I read the picture books to her. Tahlia would point to various pictures as I read the story out, and she even recognises the spellings of a few simple nouns.

I lifted her out of her seat and rested her on my left hip as I walked to the back of the car where Tay had the pram assembled already. As he closed the lid to the boot, he smiled and reached out for Tahlia. She eagerly reached out for her daddy as I gave her to him.

He smiled hugely at her, which made her giggle in return, seeing just how stupid his face looked. Her sweet, childlike laugh rang through my ears as I retrieved the nappy bag from the back of the car and flung it over my shoulder.

I walked to the back of the pram as Tay walked to the front. As he placed Tahlia into her pram and buckled the safety belts, I put the bag I was carrying into the tray basket beneath.

"Okay, sweet pea," Tay said to Tahlia, catching her nose between his fingers, "Daddy will see you later." He bent down and kissed her forehead.

As he stood up again, he grinned at me greatly. I smiled back as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me tight against his chest. He didn't even give me time to catch my breath as his mouth came down on mine. In the mornings, he kept it light, so he only pecked my lips repetitively.

After several of these, he pulled back and whispered, "I'll see you later." He squeezed me tightly.

I squeezed him back before pulling away, being the responsible mother I am. I gave him one last peck before wishing him, "Good luck."

"Thanks," he breathed, sounding hopeless. It may have been because of his studies, or for some reason his cousin that was coming to stay at his place. Tay had said that he and his cousin Sean were the best of friends, but for some reason, he was dreading his stay.

I wasn't having that. I placed my hands on either side of his face to make me in control. "Relax." He took a deep breath before releasing it.

He didn't answer. Instead, he pecked me one last time before pulling right away. "I love you," he called as he walked back to the car.

I sighed, and stood behind the pram, pushing it to where Samantha was still waiting. "Wave bye to Daddy, Tahlia," I said as I turned her around so she could see Tay pulling out of the parking space. She waved vigorously, and Tay returned it with a huge grin and a wave, before blowing her a kiss behind the shut window of the car.

As soon as he was out of sight, I continued the path to meet Samantha.

"Hey, Nassy!" she rejoiced, putting the brakes on Bridget's pram and giving me a light hug.