Love Rollercoaster

Zonnique, who had just recently moved back home, went outside to talk to Ray Ray who was shooting hoops in the driveway by himself. The last time she talked to him was at Bre's house right before everything went down. They were both at the hospital together but when everyone found out about Diggy's accident, Ray went ghost.

She walked up to him hestitantly not knowing what state of mind he was in. "Hey Ray..." Zonnique said waiting for his reaction. "Oh, hey Zonnique." He turned around didn't notice her walking up. "It's freezing outside! You crazy for bein out here." She said seeing he had no jacket on. "Nah I'm good, I guess. What you doin around here? You moved back home?" "Yup. Not by choice though. My parents thought that with everything goin on that I should be at home ...a bunch of bs." Zonnique said rolling her eyes. "I think it's good that you home. Not gonna lie I kinda miss seeing you around. It's been real quiet ever since Digg been in the hospital." Ray said looking away. "Yeah Ray, that's actually what I wanna talk to you about. I've been there a couple times to see him and haven't seen you. Bre told me you haven't been up there yet either. What's up with that?" A worried Zonnique asked. 

Ray smacked his teeth. "I-I just don't wanna see my brother like that, I can't see my brother like that. You know how most niggas can't stand their big brother and trust me it's times where I can't. But for the most part Diggy is like my bestfriend and he got me through some shit. He the strongest person I know! Just knowing he's in a hospital bed fighting for his life and there's nothing I can do ...I can't see that."

"But you can do something! Bre's been up there everyday just by his side and talking to him. Go up there and let him know that you need him here! Don't just ignore this hoping it'll get better because in reality ...there's a chance you might lose him." "Don't say that..." Ray said with a serious face. Obviously Zonnique hit a soft spot. She didn't care though. She wanted him to feel it, but not in a bad way. To persuade him to go see Diggy. Her ongoing drama didn't even matter at that point. She needed Ray to hear this.

"It's true Ray, he might not make it so go be with him every chance you can!" "I can't Zonnique!" Anger started to fill in Ray's body. "You can!"  "No, I can't! This shit ain't fair man! Too much negative stuff been happening to me and now I could be losing my brother?! Fuck this!" Ray was starting to lose it. "I'm sorry. I know it's stressful but it's life and life happens to everybody. You need to learn how to stop handling things so poorly ...it's not healthy. Believe it or not I care about you. Even after all the mess you put me through, yes I care about you and I don't like seeing you weak. Diggy is a fighter and I know he didn't teach you to be like this. Man up and go see your big brother before it's too late...."

Ray took in everything Zonnique said. He knew very well that she was right and that he needed to be strong like his big brother. "I'm sorry Zonnique.." Ray apologized with his head down. "For what?" She asked. "I'm just sorry, for everything. I know I apologized before but I want you to know that I truly am and that I appreciate you. You here for me when you really shouldn't be and I can't do nothin but respect that." "Ray I ain't gonna lie it was a point where I wanted nothin to do with you but something that I just now realized is that holding grudges really doesn't help anything. For all the reasons you feel like i shouldn't be here for you is all the reasons I feel like I should. We been through alot for two people who never even been a couple." Zonnique laughed. Ray smiled. 

"You right though, I think that says something." He said. "Yup, it says that we gon be friends whether we like it or not." "Daaaamn you ain't have to friendzone me like that!" Ray joked. "Haha shut up!" "Nah I'm playin. Can I get a hug though?" Ray said with his arms stretched out. Zonnique rolled her eyes. "Of course boy." She said leaning in towards him to complete the hug. They both felt warm in each other's arms and just enjoyed one another for the moment.