Never Givin' You Up

As Bre prepared herself to tell her mom the news her stomach was in knots. All she could think about is what her mom would think of her. She had thoughts of her mom cussing her out and even putting her out of the house. She just wanted to be the perfect child in her mom’s eyes. 

Her mom could see the distraught look on her face. “Bre what’s wrong?!” She said putting her bags down and looking Bre dead in the face waiting for an answer. Bre didn’t say anything, she just started to cry hysterically. She wanted to say it so bad but it was like the words wouldn’t come out of her mouth. “Baby why are you crying? Please don’t do this, tell me what’s goin on.” Bre then held her stomach and looked up at her mom and her mom then knew. “I’m s-sorry” …is all that Bre could get out in between sobs. “Noooo. No, no, no.” Her mom said shaking her head as she opened her arms to hug Bre. “Shhhh come here it’s ok baby, it’s ok.” 

They sat at the top of the stairs, Bre laying in her mom’s arms crying. Her mom rocked her back and forth while stroking her hair to help her feel better. After Bre got herself together she looked up at her mom. “I don’t want to keep it.” She said. “Well are you sure you’re pregnant?” “Yes mama, I took two pregnancy tests and I’ve been having morning sickness.” “I’m disappointed Bre….” “I know and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for it to happen! This is the biggest mistake of my life! Please forgive me.” Bre’s mom lifted her head up. “No baby ...I’m not disappointed that you got pregnant, you said yourself it was a mistake. I’m disappointed that you didn’t tell me the minute you found out. I’m your mother and you know we have a better relationship than that. I’m here for you through anything! I thought we were close enough that you wouldn’t have to hide something like this from me.”

Bre sighed. “I know mama, I just didn’t want you to look down on me because I let something so stupid happen. I wanted to tell you but I figured I could handle it on my own, but I need you.” “Does Diggy know?” Bre’s mom asked. “No. I couldn’t tell him either. He’s so happy about our senior year and he got so much goin for him I couldn’t let this ruin it. That’s why I can’t keep this baby. I just want this to be over so I can go on with my life.”

“Well, you know, I never told you this but I was in this same situation when I was pregnant with you.” “You were?” “Yep. It was my senior year too, but I wasn’t due to have you until after graduation so I was able to finish high school. But college was out of the question. Your dad really wanted me to get an abortion and after a while he convinced me that it was the right thing to do. He meant well at the time. He just didn’t want our lives to be over before it began. I was gonna go through with it until we went to the doctor and we heard your little heartbeat. It was the most incredible thing to know that you were growing inside of me. At that moment we both knew that we had to have this baby, and you know what? I don’t regret it because now I have the most amazing purple-headed daughter I could ever ask for.”

Bre smiled as she teared up again, but with tears of joy this time. “Aww mama I love you.” She said hugging her even tighter. “I love you too baby, more than you’ll ever know. Now I didn’t tell you this to make you change your mind or anything, but I’m just saying don’t make up your mind so quick. You might think that you made a mistake but God makes no mistakes. I support you 100% though and whatever you feel in your heart is right then I’m gonna back you up.” Bre’s mom said wiping the tears from Bre’s face. “Thank you so much! I’m so lucky to have a mom like you.” “Well girl I do my best.” They both laughed. “But I do think you should at least talk to Diggy. I mean, it’s his baby just as much as it is yours. He deserves to know Bre.” Bre threw her head back. “Ahh you’re right, but I don’t think he’s gonna take it as easy as you.” “He might not, but it’s the right thing to do. And he loves you so yall both with get through it together…..and remember, I’m here for you ok?” “Ok, thanks!” “Alright I’m gonna go get started on dinner.”