Superpower

It's the last day of school before winter break, Bahja and Zonnique sat in the back of class paying no attention to Ms. Gills. It was the last period of the day so everybody else was overly excited for the bell to ring.

 "Girl, this break is gonna suck!" Bahja said smacking her teeth. "Who you tellin?! I think I would be better off staying in school." Zonnique said. "Wait a minute I don't know about all that, but I do wanna be as hype as everybody else right now." "Right? I'm mad everybody turnt except us. Between Diggy and our relationship problems, I am just depressed." Zonnique said, sighing after. "Ugh, me too. Speaking of Diggy, Bre want me to go with her to see him later ...you coming?" Bahja asked. "I would but my parents got me on lock down! I'm just school and home ...and I don't know how I'm gonna survive this whole break in the house with them." Zonnique said rolling her eyes. "Damn I know you mad they made you move back." "Yes! I don't even talk to them now. The only time I come outta my room is to eat or go to the bathroom." "Well do you shower?" "Uhh yes that's apart of goin to the bathroom!" "Ha! I know, I'm just playin calm down!" Bahja laughed. 

"Anywho, how are things between you and Manny? orrrr Roc? Girl I can't keep up." Zonnique said. Bahja turned in her seat. "Hehe cute, and uhh how are you and Prod ...or is it Ray this week?" She replied with a fake smile. Zonnique rolled her eyes then they both laughed. "You know I can't stand you right?! You got plenty of jokes today Bahja." "You started it! BUT if you must know I've been kinda backing off from Manny lately." "Whyyyy he seemed nice, and cute!" Zonnique said. "I know, he is! But for one he a hoe and I'm starting to see that now. He just flirts with a lot of girls and you know I can't go for that! And then another thing is I'm just not over Roc. I don't feel like it's right to jump into a relationship when you're not over the last one." Bahja explained to Zonnique. 

"So do you think you and Roc will get back together?" Zonnique asked. "Honestly, I don't know. It feels like he moved on already. He don't call or text anymore and he barely speaks to me in school." "Is it because he's giving you the space that you asked for?" "Yeah maybe but I don't want space anymore, I want my Roc." Bahja pouted. "Aww then go getcho man girl!" "But then again if we get back together is it gonna be the same? I don't know if he changed his ways or not." "Welp, the only way to find out is to talk to him." Zonnique said shrugging her shoulders. "I guess you right....."

The last bell finally rang and the whole school ran outside like they'd just been freed from jail. Zonnique had to hurry home before her parents called. "Guess I'll see you when I can. I'm not staying in that house all break. Ima figure out something and I'll be calling you soon." A determined Zonnique said. "See, ol sneaky ass! But ok, I'm going to meet up with Bre ...see you later!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, Ray Ray prepared himself to go see Diggy in the hospital for the first time. He told Zonnique he could do it alone but he needed some support, so he asked Roc is he could come with him.

"You ready to do this homie?" Roc asked Ray as they walked into the hospital entrance. Ray looked pretty nervous, Roc could tell. "Yeah, I got no choice but to be." He said taking a deep breath. "Just relax, man. Follow me I know what room he in." 

Roc lead Ray to the elevator and up to the 13th floor. When the elevator door opened Ray's mind focused on all the doctors and nurses and loose stretchers that were everywhere. It hit him instantly and he was literally scared still.

"Ray?! Ray!" Roc kept hitting and shaking him on the shoulder. He finally snapped out of it. "Oh! My bad." "Damn you don't like hospitals THAT much?!" "It's not even like that. It didn't really bother me that much at first, but to know my brother's in here and to know that people actually die in here ...it's scary bro." Ray let out. "Well don't think like that man, Diggy gon be A1. He'll be back on his feet before you know it!" Roc said trying to lift up Ray's spirit. "You right, let's go..." He said now ready. "...and Roc? Thanks for coming with me. Through all the shit that's been going on you still got my back." "You know I gotchu bruh ...we all got yo back believe it or not! Now don't get all emotional on me let's just go see Diggy." Roc humored.