It's About To Go Down

It’s the day of Homecoming and also Zonnique’s parents are leaving for the weekend. Zonnique woke up freaking out as she realized she had a lot to do this morning before school, but first her parents had to leave. “Nique Nique, come down here we about to go!” Zonnique’s dad, Tip, shouted for her as him and her mom Tiny stood at the door with their bags. Zonnique and Bahja came downstairs prepared for her dad to go over the rules for the millionth time.

“Alright children, we about to head out so let me run these rules by you one more time.” Tip said as the girls sighed, even Zonnique’s mom. “Come on baby, they know the rules already we gon miss our flight!” Tiny said just as irritated as Zonnique was. “NUMBER 1!” He said continuing on anyway. “No company. You can stay over Bahja, and Bre if she want to but that‘s it! Number 2. No boys! I don’t want any kind of the male species in my house, while in my absence.” Zonnique was not trying to hear that, she just wanted them to leave so she could make sure everything was ready for the party. “Number 3. When we come back I want this house spotless just like we left it. And Number 4 …absolutely, positively, by any means necessary, no-” “BOYS! We know pops, dang! Can you just leave already?” Zonnique said rolling her eyes. “Don’t worry Uncle Tip and Auntie Tiny, everything’s gonna be fine. It’s just gonna be a chill weekend just us girls.” Bahja said putting on the most innocent smile. “See baby they good girls now we gotta go, love you babies! Bye muah!” “Love you too mommy, yall have fun!” 

Zonnique and Bahja stood on the porch waving as they backed out of the driveway. Tip rolled down the window before pulling off. “NO BOYS IN MY HOUSE!” He yelled, then zoomed up the road. They both sighed. “Ugh finally, now girl call the boys over.” Bahja said ready to get things started. “Bahj, you think I should be throwing this party?” Zonnique asked having second thoughts. “I know you not backing out now?! All this planning we don did!” “I know, I know but my parents are trusting me to stay home by myself and I don’t wanna mess it up.” “We already went over this! We gonna have the house clean by tomorrow and they not even coming back til Sunday, they won’t know a thing. You deserve this party but I’m not gonna pressure you into doin anything you don’t want to, so it’s up to you Nique.” Zonnique paused for a minute. She wanted to throw this party so bad but she was terrified of her parents finding out. If something goes wrong then it’s over for her. “Ugh, let’s do this!” Zonnique said pushing all the bad thoughts to the back of her mind. Bahja squealed in excitement. “I’ll call everybody!”

Roc, Princeton, and Bre came over to drop things off and set up a little before this afternoon. Zonnique and Bahja had to be with the cheerleaders all after school so they tried to get as much done early as possible. Bre had a big box full of little decorations she thought would be cute to hang around downstairs. Roc had two bags full of different kinds of alcohol and juice, and Prince had a huge cooler to mix it all in. 

“Ok I need somebody to be here after school because Spin‘s coming to set up his speakers and stuff before the game.” Zonnique said looking at one of them to volunteer. “I gotchu girl, that way I can set everything else up.” Bre said. “Thank you! You’re a life saver.” Zonnique hugged Bre. “Ay, I’m just dropping this stuff off then I gotta go re-up right quick before school.” Roc said putting the bags down. “Boy, you gon get yoself caught up in that stuff you betta leave the weed alone!” Zonnique said shaking her head. “Don’t tell him nothin Nique he don’t listen! He must wanna learn the hard way.” Bahja crossed her arms giving Roc a devious look. “Yall crazy! I’m about to make a killing off this party, ain’t no way I’m passin that kinda money up!” Roc rubbed his hands together like Birdman. “You not bringing that mess in my house!” Zonnique shouted. “Oh, but it’s cool for me to bring liquor? Come on Zonnique, how bout I break you off something?” “Nah, I’m straight just be careful man.” Zonnique said still uneasy about the whole thing. “Aight, well I’ll see yall later and ima text you Bahja, I love you.” Roc kissed Bahja on the lips, but she was still upset. “Yeah yeah Roc, I love you too.” 

“Hey Zonnique, I don’t know if you know this or not but Prod’s coming if that’s cool.” Prince said. Zonnique instantly sighed. “Well I did invite him so I guess it’s cool if he comes.” She didn’t really want him to come, especially after thinking he’d moved on to another girl. “Oh, and another thing. My girlfriend’s coming…” Prince eased it in. “Prince I didn’t even know you had a girl, but that’s fine why would I have a problem with that?” Zonnique asked. “Because ….she’s the reason you and Prod aren’t together. She’s the one that kissed Prod at Jacob’s party.” 

Zonnique, Bahja, and Bre’s mouths dropped. The three girls never knew who it was that kissed Prod but they all had animosity towards her. “Wait, you goin out with the home wrecking bitch?!” Bahja jumped up. “Bahja! You don’t have to disrespect her. She’s not even like that anymore.” Prince said defending his girl. “Once a hoe, always a hoe.” Bahja said placing her hands on her hips. “How in the world did that even happen Prince?” Bre asked. “It’s crazy! I didn’t know it was her until after. Yall might have seen her at school though, her name’s Larissa.” “Thank you so much for telling me that Prince, now I can beat ha ass when you bring her.” A hyped up Bahja said. “Ok, everybody calm down it‘s no need for all that….” Zonnique chimed in. “…I don’t even care really, let’s just go before we be late.”

Prodigy and the girl that ruined their relationship were going to be at the same party, again. ‘This can’t be happening…’ Zonnique thought to herself. This party was suppose to be perfect but it seems like everything was falling apart right at the last minute. She tried to act like it didn’t bother her but she really didn’t know how she was going to handle seeing Prod and this girl together at the same place, her house at that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pep rally was over and the school turned into chaos after dismissal. Everybody was hype about what the rest of the afternoon would bring. Roc was MIA since the morning but Prod, Ray Ray, and Princeton sat together at the pep rally. Prince could feel the tension between Prod and Ray. Prod  was growing more and more curious about Ray and Zonnique, but he played it cool. Ray didn’t want to show his feelings to anybody so he stayed nonchalant, like he’s been doing. He decided to meet up with them after the game and caught a ride home with his brother Diggy.

“So, you hittin up this party tonight?” Diggy asked Ray on the car ride home. “Yeah I guess. Roc wanted all the bros to get back together and go but it just don‘t feel right anymore …and that nigga ain‘t even been around today!” Ray said getting in his feelings. “To tell you the truth, I don’t think you should go. I mean look who’s party it is. I doubt she wanna see you there and I don’t want you doin anything crazy like last time.” Diggy explained to Ray. “Man, I don’t know what came over me that day but I ain’t doin nothin like that ever again. & I never got a chance to apologize so tonight might be the right time.” That idea only just now popping into Ray’s head. “You gon do what you want anyway but of course I gotta tell you how I feel about the situation, and I know how you get. Ya mind could be thinkin one thing then you let ya anger take over.” Diggy said. Ray sucked his teeth. “Bro, I’m good I got this!”

Diggy and Ray pulled up in front of their house where they saw Bre across the street in Zonnique’s front yard on the phone, panicking. Diggy jumped out the car and ran over to her, Ray right behind him. 

“Bre! What’s wrong?! Is the baby ok?” Diggy asked holding her head up and checking to see if anything was wrong. “Baby?!” A baffled Ray said. “Shhh the baby’s fine. I’m talking to Bahja.” Bre answered as she was trying to hear what Bahja was saying. Diggy was relieved. “Baby?!” Ray said again waiting on an answer. “Yeah man. I guess you can know now, Bre’s pregnant.” “....and you didn’t tell me?!” Ray punched Diggy in the arm. “Chiiiill! I didn’t tell anybody. Ma don’t even know yet.”  “Hey ima be a Uncle, that’s kinda cool! Uncle Ray Ray, that got a nice ring to it.” Ray said with his chest out. “Yeah just keep ya mouth closed about this, don’t tell ma …I’ll tell her when I’m ready.” Diggy demanded. “She won’t hear it from me! But since everything good over here I’m goin in the house.” Ray left as Bre got off the phone with Bahja.

“Is everything alright?” Diggy asked. Bre sighed in frustration. “I don't know. Bahja’s freakin out cause she don’t know where Roc is. I told her to calm down he’ll pop up somewhere, you know how he is.” “Man yall are running around crazy for this party, it better be live!” Diggy said. “Digg, it’s so much that could go wrong at this party. All these people with this crazy drama are gonna be in one house together. Zonnique stressin out, now Bahja …I just want everybody to have a good time forreal.” Bre shook her head. “Nah baby, I could tell you something positive right now but ima be real with you. Tonight, it’s. goin. down….”