Redemption

“Maaaaan you know where Roc at?” Prodigy said walking up to Princeton who was at his locker. “Nope I haven’t seen him why wassup?” “Bahja broke up with him….” “What?! When?” Prince asked as he closed his locker. “This morning! He was looking for her and then they ran into each other. They probably got into it.”  “She wouldn’t do that. She hit me up the other day mad at him but I didn’t think they would break up.” “I didn’t think so either but that’s what Zonnique said. And you know how we are about our girls, we take it super hard.” “Prod, that’s an understatement. Yo ass went into a deep depression with Zonnique.” “Nigga shut up! We need to find Roc and make sure he aight.” “Right, I’ll text him…”

Prince texted Roc to see where he was. It was the end of the school day so he had to be around somewhere, or at least not too far gone. They went to look for Roc as they waited for him to reply. 

“So where is Zonnique? You two can’t stay away from each other ever since the party.” Prince sparked a convo with Prod as they searched the halls. “She at cheerleading practice. But yeah man, I know. It feel so good to be back with her. I ain’t letting her go this time, I can‘t. Ain‘t nobody coming between me and her.” Prod said proudly as ever. “I know the feeling bro. Yall back official?” “Nahh we takin it slow. It’s kinda weird, but in a good way. I feel like I‘m getting to know her all over again.” “Awww look at you all in love." Prince teased Prod. “Don't act like you ain't in love with Larissa. Where she at anyway?” Prod asked completely cool with them dating. “She’s outta town. She only been gone the weekend and I miss her like crazy bro!” “...and you talkin about me!” Prod said smacking his teeth. “Ha! I guess we both in love then.” Both of them laughed.

They finally caught up with Roc in front of the school where he was talking to some girl. Roc knows he could get any female he wanted ...and with the word spreading quickly that him and Bahja broke up, they were lined up to jump on the chance to be his next beau.

“Wassup Roc!” Prince said once they walked up to Roc and the girl. “Oh and hey Bah-- wait, that‘s not Bahja.” Prince said turning to Prod. Prod couldn’t help but to laugh, trying to cover it up. Roc knew he was trying to be funny. The girl rolled her eyes. “I’ll holla at you later…” She said walking off. "Just thirsty...." Prince said shaking his head. Roc turned to him with a serious face. “That shit won’t funny Prince.” He said. “My bad! But you know Bahja woulda went off if she saw you talkin to that girl.” “Bahja don’t want me no more. I fucked up.” Roc said as he started to walk up the street. “So you just gonna give up like that? You know yall meant to be together!” Prod exclaimed, him and Prince following behind. Roc sighed. “You know that, I know that, but I think she gave up on me.” “She didn’t give up on you, stop bein dumb!” Prince said. “….she just want you to change your ways.” “But if you try to change a person then that means you don’t really love them, right?” Roc asked.

“Wrong! You want a person to change BECAUSE you love them. Especially if what you doin ain’t right. She cares about you bro, we all do! When you got robbed that shoulda been a wake up call to get outta the streets and stop all the bull! You know me and Prod always gonna be there but Bahja is gettin tired of it.” Prince tried to help Roc understand where Bahja was coming from, why she was so angry with him in the first place.

“Yeah but I might of said something that fucked up everything.” Roc said hanging his head. “So! Just apologize…” Prod suggested. “No, no more apologizing and no more talking. If you wanna prove to her you really are gonna change then do it. Show her that you serious about it and she’ll see that you tryna do the right thing.” Prince said.

Roc played with his chin hair as he thought deeply as to what Prince was saying. Prod started clapping and nodding in agreement. “Damn Prince, you need to have yo own talk show. You on some Dr. Phil type shit.” Prod said. “Haha I try, I try. But forreal I’m only bein honest. I know how these girls think.”