Picture Me Rollin'

It’s been three weeks since Zonnique got kicked out of the house and she’s been staying with Bre ever since. When her parents first put her out she didn’t know where to go, but as soon as Bre’s mom found out she invited her with open arms. Zonnique has kind of gotten use to living their since Bre is like her sister. Of course she misses being in her own home, in her own bed but after the way she was treated she isn’t thinking about going back.

“So have you talked to your dad yet?” Bre asked Zonnique as they sat in Bre‘s room. “Ugh no and I don’t wanna talk to him!” Zonnique said scowling at the thought of him. “Why not? Yall love each other, just both of yall are being stubborn right now.” “Bre, you shoulda seen the way he told me to get out. Like he disowned me or something! Was it really that bad? & the sad thing about it my mama didn’t even say anything to stop him. Now she tryna send me money, I guess to make up for feeling guilty but whatever. I'm over both of them.” “Well I don’t blame you. It ain’t like you do bad things all the time, this was like the first incident …well the first they know about at least.” Bre mumbled. “Whatchu mean the first they know about?!” Zonnique turned her head to the side. “Zonnique you hide stuff from them ALL the time!” “Bre! No I do not.” “Ok, well you remember last year when you told your parents you were stayin at Bahja’s house the weekend but really you drove to North Carolina, draggin me and Bahja to some festival to see John Mayer.” Bre said. Zonnique died laughing. “What?! You know I love me some John Mayer!” “Well we didn’t even wanna go! But we covered for ya sneaky behind.” Bre said rolling her eyes. “I appreciate it tho!” Zonnique said. “And let’s not forget about all the late night dates with Prod.” “Ok, ok I get it!” They both laughed. 

“How are you and Prod anyway?” Bre asked. “We’re good, for now. I’m not rushin back into anything with him tho, but we talk more and more everyday. I can’t lie, I missed him so much. That night at the party made me realize it. He has a way with words. That’s prolly why I didn’t wanna talk to him, he knows exactly what to say to make me smile.” Zonnique started to smile just thinking about him. “Giiirl you know you love that boy.” Bre said as Zonnique smirked. “I do, but I don’t wanna let him know he can get back in that easily.” “Easily? Girl that was the longest grudge known to man!” Bre said. “Don’t act like he didn’t deserve it! But I’m past it now and that’s all that matters.” “Yup! And Prod’s a good guy. I’m sure you won’t have to worry about him messin up again.” Bre added. “Yeah let’s hope you right!” Zonnique said.

Bre hesitantly switched the topic over to Ray. “So umm have you heard from Ray lately?” She asked. “Nope, not at all. It seem like he be avoidin me in school. I can’t say that I’m not glad tho. When he put his hands on me that day I swear I wanted nothin else to do with that boy!” Zonnique said with a disgusted look on her face. “Ok not sayin that you’re lying but Ray doesn’t seem like the type of person to do that. Like I know he’s childish and everything but puttin his hands on you? That’s crazy!” Bre said. “That’s the same thing I thought! He was the first guy I started to like after Prod but I guess everything happens for a reason.” Zonnique said shaking her head. “Yup, you’re right.”

“But ummm let’s talk about you preggo!” Zonnique quickly changed the subject. “Ha! What about me?” “How is it, like do you feel any different?” Zonnique asked rubbing Bre‘s stomach. “Well I’m only 8 weeks so not really. Besides morning sickness which I hate!” “I still can’t believe you’re havin a baby Bre!” Zonnique said excitingly. “You?! I still can’t believe it either. I just don‘t wanna blow up and be all big, ugh.” Bre said standing up looking at herself in the stand up mirror. “It’ll be all worth it when the baby comes. What do you and Diggy wanna have?” “Well Digg wants a boy of course, but I want a girl just so I can dress her up in pretty little clothes!” Bre said tickling the air as if the baby was right in front of her. “Aww you're so excited! I can’t wait til the baby get here, you know I’m spoilin him or her right?” “My mama said the same thing! I don’t think nobody's gonna spoil the baby more than Digg though. He just seems like he’s gonna be the perfect dad.” Bre said grinning from ear to ear. “Yeah even though yall are young I couldn’t picture better parents.” Zonnique said. “Aww thanks Nique!” Bre hugged Zonnique. “Of course girl. Hopefully I’ll be gone before the baby get here though, this room would be a little too crowded.” Zonnique joked as they both laughed.