Chapter Ten

I laughed at Em as she twirled in her skirt. She'd gone to the effort of straightening her fluffy brown hair and applying mascara to make her green eyes pop. She smoothed down her white miniskirt and pink tank top before grinning, "You like?"

I rolled my eyes, "You look amazing, Em, but that skirt is way too high for the school rules."

Emily threw a pillow in my direction, "It's Friday night and none of the faculty members are here! We have free reign of the place! No teacher will get us in trouble! So what are you wearing?"

I glanced down at the skinny jeans and band-tee, "I-I was just gonna wear this..."

She glared at me, "Stand up and walk to your wardrobe."

I sighed and followed her directions. 

"Open it and tell me what exactly you have hanging up, Natalie Anne Roberts."

Chuckling, I said, "A black mini-dress."

"Yes. A very short, black mini-dress with a low back," Emily tried to growl, "Now put it on."

I rolled my eyes, "Sure, your highness."

I stripped down, because Em and I had been best friends for four years now, and threw the dress on over my head. It stopped just above my mid-thigh, was made of a lacy black material and was flowing from the spaghetti straps it started at. It dipped down a little, just to show the curves of my boobs, and had a wide open back. The scoop of the back dipped down to a few inches above my underpants. 

I sighed at Emily, "This is too inappropriate."

She frowned, "Put some bloomers on underneath if you must. But you will wear that dress, Nat."

I fumbled around in my underwear drawer for some bloomers and slid them on. They at least made it a little less drafty. 

Emily pushed me down so I was sitting on the edge of my bed, "And, Nat, I'm going to do something with your hair, so please don't kill me."

I crossed my arms and waited as she burned my hair slowly. Not literally - she was curling my hair into delicate ringlets. The process took forever because of my dead straight hair before she grabbed my hairbrush. 

I shrieked, "What are you doing?! You're gonna destroy the curls!"

She rolled her eyes, "Nat, I'm not an idiot."

She brushed through them anyway and I glared up at her as she moved around to my front. She held up my phone camera and smirked, "Now, what were you saying?"

Instead, she'd left me with soft, delicate blonde waves.

I grinned, "No-thing..."

She raised an eyebrow, "That's what I thought." She swiped my eyelashes with mascara and added some weird pink gloss to my lips before she stood back, "Perfect!"

I sighed loudly but shrugged anyway, "Let's go down to the party then."

She grabbed my hand and practically dragged me to the elevator, where we headed down to the dining hall. Before we went in, Em turned to me, "So... Nattie..."

Nattie? "What do you want from me, woman?"

"You know how you're a twin and everything...?"

"No," I rolled my eyes. Note the sarcasm.

"Well... not-twin," she sassed, "Could you pretty, pretty please set me up with Shawn?" She threw me a massive smile, showing off her pearly whites.