Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Park... ah," I moaned as he bit my earlobe softly. 

He returned his lips to mine and I blushed beneath his body. Park leaned back and winked at me, "Moaning at me, Dove?"

"No," I pouted, "I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry," he pointed out and returned to leaving kisses along my jawline. 

I, reluctantly, moaned again as he trailed down further to suck gently on a sweet spot in my neck.

"Park, seriously," I gasped, "You're going to give me a hickey and I'll have to explain it to my teacher... and Emily."

Park leant back, "But... it marks you as mine."

Happy birthd-

I pushed him lightly away from me, "I know. But a teacher doesn't necessarily need to know that..." 

Park frowned, "But, Do~ve..."

I leant forward and kissed his mouth sucking lightly on his bottom lip before pulling back, "I love you."

He sighed and ruffled my hair, "And I love you."

Happy birthday to-

"Park," I whispered, my real-self breaking through my dream-self, "I miss you like crazy..."

His eyes suddenly focused and I knew he was there, "I miss you too, Dove... Happy birthday?"

"Thanks," I murmured, kissing his cheek. 

***

"Happy birthday dear, Nat," the girls chorused, finally jarring me awake, "Happy birthday to you!"

"Hip-hip!" Emily shouted.

"Hooray!" they chorused. 

"Hip-hip!"

"Hooray."

Emily pounced on me in a hug, "Happy birthday, best friend!"

"Thanks, best friend," I hugged her tightly back, "Thanks everyone."

Emily let me go, "Present time! August 21st, a.k.a. the start of 'The Birthday Period' has officially begun!"

I smiled brightly at her, "Long live the birthday period!"

Everyone repeated after me and soon presents were being piled at my feet from a dozen or so girls in my year. 

Emily begged, "Please open mine first!"

"Okay," I chuckled and ripped open the wrapping paper.

I laughed lightly, "Aw, this is so cute!"

It was a photo frame of Emily and myself our seventh-grade year when we both had chubby cheeks and limp hair in oversized uniforms. I placed it on my bedside table and hugged her again, "Thank you, Em..."

"No problem, Talie," she smiled. 

Rose placed a large, pretty box in my lap, "It's from me and Whitney."

I smiled at the two of them before taking the box lid off. I let out a giggle at the present inside - another box. I took the lid off that one to reveal, yet another box and then an actual present in gift paper. I ripped up the gift paper and pulled out a new wallet. 

I grinned, "I've been eyeing this off for ages, how did you know?"

Whitney winked, "A little birdy by the name of Em told us."