Chapter Nine

At DAG - I know, horrible acronym, right? - we studied Romeo and Juliet in Year Nine English. And then my drama class performed it in Year Ten. I could probably recite half the book off by heart, including all of Juliet's lines. So I only had to quickly revise it off my phone that night and I was all good. 

I sent a goodnight text to my mum - I haven't spoken to her in weeks, almost - and then put my phone on charge. I set my alarm for six in the morning so I'd have time for a shower before breakfast. 

I turned off the light, which Em had been groaning about, and slipped under my covers. Just as I was about to hit a deep sleep, my microchip gave out a sudden buzz in my stomach and I let out a small squeak of pain. I winced and lifted up my shirt to glance at it. It looked absolutely fine... I rolled over onto my other side and tried to get some sleep. 

***

"Park?" I looked around the empty classroom, "Park, are you hiding?"

My tone was light, but in all honesty, I was scared. It was nightfall outside and the classroom was dark. I could hear someone snoring deeply from upstairs, but that was it. 

"Park, stop it - you're freaking me out... where are you?" I called. 

I made my way to the doorway of the classroom and looked into the dark hallway. 

"Park?!" 

Just as I cried this out, my vision caught on a small white note. I picked it up and glanced through it: Meet me at my dorm - 11 o'clock. I shuddered. Because that note wasn't creepy at all...

I glanced at the clock on the wall. 10:56pm. I made my way to the stairs and walked up them extremely quietly. Why would Christian change his mind so suddenly? 

I knocked ever so quietly on his dorm room door and it swung open. I jumped up from the suddenness. He wrapped me in a hug, "Sorry... I didn't mean to scare you..."

He leaned back and pecked my lips, "Are you okay, Dove?"

I glanced up at him, shivering badly, "H-how did you know I was scared?"

"Just a guess..." he rubbed his hands up and down my arms, "You look pale."

"But why'd you want me here instead of the classroom? And at night too?"

Christian's eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean?"

"You left me a note? Saying to meet you in the classroom? And then when I went down to the classroom, you'd left a note saying to meet you at your dorm..."

Christian shook his head slowly, "I didn't leave any notes..."

I looked up at him and couldn't help the terror coming over me - I had to scream. It had been years and I still hadn't gotten away from this madness. I tried to scream, but no sound would come out. I fell to the floor and hammered my fists on the tiles, but I couldn't escape the dream - and I couldn't scream. 

***

"NAT! Calm down! Please!" a voice shrieked.

"Get away from me!" I cried and thrashed around further, "I've had enough!"

I half-screamed, half-cried, "Just stop these dreams, already!"

"Natalie! I need you to calm down!" an older woman's voice said.

"Get out of here! You of all people!" I shouted, "Get out, Dr Demonico!"

Hands pushed my shoulders back onto my bed and pinned me there, "Natalie! Stop thrashing!"