Chapter Four

Em, the amazing friend that she is, held my hair back as I lurched again, "Are you sick or something?"

I heaved once more before leaning back on my heels. I grabbed for toilet paper and wiped my hands and my mouth before flushing it all down the toilet. I sat there for a moment, thinking about what I'd seen...

I'd recognise those eyes anywhere - since they'd been in my dreams for the last three years, and constantly appeared in them for the last month. I knew that voice and hair and everything about him... 

But I'd never met Christian Park in the flesh. So how did we see each other in our dreams if we'd never met?

I turned around to face Emily, "You've had dreams about boys right?"

"A few," she admitted with a thin blush. 

"Well, picture this, the guy that has been in your dreams frequently for the last three years," I jabbed a finger towards the hallway, "Is in that room right over there."

"Shawn?"

"Ew. No," I leaned in, "Christian Park. He's exactly like the guy from the dreams."

Em let out a small giggle and I narrowed my eyes at her. She rolled her eyes, "Come on, it's funny, Nat. He's literally the guy from your dreams."

"Ugh. Stop," I muttered, "I'm not going to tell you the worst part, now."

Em laughed, "Oh seriously. You lo-ve me. You'll tell me. Please?"

I scowled and then complied, "I've never ever seen him before. But he somehow recognised me too..."

A large ringing bell went off and an overhead voice rang through the speakers, "May all students please proceed to their classes. Classes begin in five minutes."

I stood up and brushed my teeth - taking up two of the minutes. Then I went back into the dorm room and slipped into my school shoes, jumping around as I searched for my satchel, "Come on... I had the satchel like a minute ago."

I ruffled the comforter on my bed, searched under it, searched the wardrobe, and a few minutes later I found it on the floor by the door. I leaped for it and tossed it over a shoulder. I ran for the elevator and desperately pressed the down button as quickly as I could. I only stopped when the elevator doors opened. I hurried into them and pressed the button labelled English, Religion, Drama & Film Studies, Ancient & Modern History. 

The doors were beginning to close when a familiar voice called out, "Hold the doors!"

I instinctively put out a hand to stop them from closing and someone ran into the elevator so I could close it. The boy went to press the button for my floor before realising it was already pressed. 

I looked to him and jumped with a loud squeak, "It's you?"

Christian Park gulped and looked back at me with the fear that I'm sure was on my face as well, "Okay... We need to talk. Obviously."

The door opened and I bolted out without answering him - I was already late to class, anyway. I pushed open the door to the English room. The teacher raised an eyebrow, "Why are you late? Just because it's a new campus doesn't mean new rules."

I gulped, "Sorry, I lost my satchel."

"S.B.P. you're late too?" a boy called out as I stepped further into the room to find a seat up the back free. 

I looked over my shoulder to see Christian Park entering the room as well. I sighed. I was already too freaked out, but I had to try and concentrate with him next to me.