Chapter Thirty-Four

Teenage Luna's summary and prologue have been rewritten, however, it's still ON HOLD until I finish The Facility! The Facility has my full, undivided attention at the moment until it's finished. The Facility's Sequel will be created later this year (imagine towards May/July but possibly earlier :))

"Park," I giggled, "Come out, come out wherever you are."

I was skipping around... my old backyard? I looked down to my skipping feet and giggled even louder when I spotted a small shoeprint in the mud beside my bare feet, "Park, I know you're here."

My pink dress swirled in the wind along with my two blonde braids. The world looked so big right now compared to me. 

There was a chuckle from overhead and I looked up, yelling, "Caught ya!"

My eyes landed on Park - who couldn't have been older than eight... wait, was he eight yet? Or still seven... Shawny would know. 

Park smiled brightly down at me, "Talie, come up and sit wif me."

Park still had trouble pronouncing his 'th's. I pouted, "But I'm in a dress."

"Who cares?" he scoffed, "You have twenty ofers."

"Right!" I giggled and approached the large tree cautiously. Slowly, I reached up for the first branch and wiggled up until I sat on it. 

I reached for the next branch and stood up quickly, grabbing onto it as I lost my footing slightly. I regained my footing and then wriggled up onto the next branch, and so forth, and so forth until I was sitting beside Christian in the tree, "Heya."

"Heya," he gave me a thick, toothy grin. 

I smiled back and he let out a laugh, "You're missing a toof!"

"Yep, this morning," I giggled, "The tooth fairy's gonna come tonight."

"You believe in fe toof fairy?" his eyes widened, "She isn't real, Talie."

Neither is this. I didn't know Christian when we were little kids...

"Nattie and Chris," a new voice sang far below, "Sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Before I knew what exactly was happening, two hands were cupping my face and I was kissing a boy. 

I was kissing a boy. 

~~~

I pulled back with a small blush, "Park..."

The twelve-year-old boy in front of me cackled, "You should have seen your face! Priceless."

I crossed my arms and pouted, "Not funny, Park."

"It was too," he continued chuckling, "You definitely didn't expect that."

"I thought you called me to the park to play soccer not to play a prank on me."

"Who said it was a prank?" he smirked beside me on the park bench.

"But you..." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I did wanna kiss you, Nat. I just thought your expression was funny."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Sure, sure."

"No," he shook his head in earnest, "Honestly, I did."

"Prove it," I sighed. 

He took my face in his hands again and planted another one on me, much too experienced for a twelve-year-old boy to give.