서른둘 (seoreundul)

Jihoon wet his lips and stared at Soonyoung. Was it just him, or were Soonyoung's lips looking redder than usual? Jihoon shook his head. He had to stop looking at Soonyoung like that. They were at work, for God's sake! Still, Jihoon couldn't help but let his eyes wander to Soonyoung's exposed collarbones. He licked his lips again then quickly averted his eyes and glared daggers into the wall.

"Jihoon? Jihoon, you okay?" Bumzu called, waving a hand in front of Jihoon's face.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah, I'm fine." Jihoon frowned. "Where the hell are Jeonghan-hyung and Seokmin? They should be here by now."

"Hm, I wonder..." Soonyoung tilted his head to the side and shrugged. Jihoon gulped as Soonyoung's sweater slid down his shoulder a bit further. He heard the door open, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Sorry we took a while. We got a bit held up," Jeonghan apologized.

"It's fine. Let's get started then," Bumzu replied. He pulled a binder out from his bag and opened it. "Here's the song composition. It's in D major, and it has a kind of exciting, fun vibe. Here, I'll play a bit of it for you."

Jihoon couldn't stop looking at Soonyoung. Every time he attempted to break his eyes away from the other man, they just ended up drifting back to stare at him. Currently, Soonyoung was trying to play Bumzu's composition on the piano while the composer was taking care of something else, but he wasn't doing a good job of it. Jihoon watched as Soonyoung tightly pressed his lips together in concentration. He sighed and walked over to the piano.

"Scoot over. I'll show you how to do it," Jihoon said. Soonyoung looked up at him, and his eyes widened. He nodded and moved to the left end of the bench. Jihoon sat down next to him and placed his hands on the piano.

"So, it seems like you know how to read a bit of the sheet music, and you know where some of the notes are on the piano, but you aren't getting the beat down. It goes like this." Jihoon played the first line for Soonyoung and leaned back when he was finished. "Now you try."

"O-Okay," Soonyoung stuttered, placing his hands on the piano hesitantly. Jihoon shook his head.

"Put your right thumb on the D key and your right pinky on the A key." Jihoon moved Soonyoung's fingers around.

"Ah, thanks," Soonyoung responded. He played the first measure then looked at Jihoon for confirmation. Jihoon nodded, and Soonyoung continued playing. After a few measures, Jihoon stopped him again.

"You're playing it correctly, but...well, you can't hear the emotion. The emotion is important for when you're singing along with the piece. It helps you get into the music," Jihoon told him.

"Sorry," Soonyoung apologized. Jihoon shook his head.

"It's fine. I don't expect you to know how to pour your feelings into the piece the first time you're playing it. Here, put your hand on top of mine," Jihoon said, placing his hand on the piano and patting it.

Soonyoung awkwardly hovered his hand above Jihoon's before finally setting it on top of Jihoon's. His hand felt warm, and a bit sweaty, Jihoon noted. He proceeded to play the piece, exaggerating his arm and hand movements so that Soonyoung would be able to pick up on them. He looked up at Soonyoung when he finished playing.

"Do you kind of get it now?" Jihoon asked. Soonyoung nodded, and Jihoon noticed the slight pinkness resting on Soonyoung's cheeks. Must've been makeup, he realized. There was no way that any person had a natural blush that pretty. Jihoon's own cheeks heated up, and he stood up from the piano bench.

"Thanks," Soonyoung told Jihoon quietly. Jihoon nodded.

"Sure thing. No problem," Jihoon replied as his blush deepened. He walked towards the door.

"Hyung, I'm gonna go to the restroom," Jihoon notified Seungcheol.

"Okay," Seungcheol responded, and Jihoon walked out of the room. Once outside, he slapped both of his cheeks with his hands. What was happening to him?

A/N: what'd you think of this chapter? I thought it was pretty good. comment and tell me what you thought! did you like it? did you hate it? let me know! linked song is "Sign" by Thunder (천둥) ft. Koo Ha Ra/Goo Ha Ra ( 하라) bc I love it so much it's a current fav song of mine it's great pls listen to it and love it it's so good. well that's it for this update! I hope that all of you have had an amazing day! as always tysm for the continuous support bc it means the world to me! have a great rest of your day guys! ilysm! thanks again! bye! <3