마흔넷 (maheunnet)

Jihoon placed his chin in his hands and sighed happily, staring out the windows. He smiled as he remembered what had happened earlier in the morning with Soonyoung. He had been quite surprised to find the older boy hunched over him when he had woken up, but one look at Soonyoung's adorable, sleeping face was enough to make all of the rational thoughts in Jihoon's head dissipate. Jihoon picked up his phone from his desk and tapped on the picture he had taken of Soonyoung earlier, and his smile widened.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" Seungkwan asked, leaning over Jihoon's shoulder curiously. Jihoon jumped. "Is that Hoshi?"

"You scared me!" Jihoon breathed out a sigh of relief before his face hardened. "Hey, who said you could sneak up on me like that?!"

"I was right, it is him!" Seungkwan exclaimed excitedly. He frowned. "It's a bit creepy that you have a picture of him sleeping though, Jihoon-hyung. If I didn't know you, I'd think you were a stalker!"

"That's Jihoon-sunbae to you, punk," Jihoon retorted, rolling up a piece of paper and lightly hitting Seungkwan on the head with it. "And if I was a stalker, wouldn't I be following him around instead of going to work?"

"You could start following him around after work ends. How would I know?" Seungkwan said. Jihoon sighed.

"Alright, whatever. Why'd you come over here? You must've had a reason, right? What is it?" Jihoon asked. Seungkwan held out a piece of paper, and Jihoon took it from him.

"Wonwoo-hyung printed out the ratings for DK and Hoshi's show and wanted me to show them to you." Seungkwan grinned. "Congrats, Jihoon-hyung! It seems like the show doing really well!"

"Thanks." Jihoon smiled proudly at the sheet of paper. "Good job, Seungkwan-ah. You worked very hard on the show too. You did well."

"I know," Seungkwan replied jokingly. All of a sudden, he smirked. "Say, how about you treat us all to dinner for doing so well? And by "us", I mean DK and Hoshi too, of course."

"Ah, so that's why Wonwoo told you to give this to me, huh? So you could convince me to take all of you out for dinner," Jihoon stated, and Seungkwan grinned guiltily. Jihoon sighed. "Alright. I'll treat everyone to dinner."

"Yes!" Seungkwan cheered loudly, earning a few confused states from their colleagues. "I'll call DK and Hoshi and invite them and their managers then!"

"Sure, sure. Make sure everyone dresses up at least kind of decently. I'll make a reservation at a good sushi place," Jihoon told him. "Oh, tell Wonwoo not to worry. They have agedashi tofu and a bunch of other dishes without seafood, so he'll be able to eat from there too."

"Woah, that's kind of expensive," Seungkwan responded. "You sure you're still okay with paying for all of us?"

"Hey, if worst comes to worst, I'll just trick Seungcheol-hyung into paying some of it," Jihoon joked.

"Why not just have your boyfriend help you out?" Wonwoo teased as he walked up to them. Jihoon rolled his eyes.

"Not my boyfriend," Jihoon replied.

"Yet," Mingyu chimed in.

"Yet," Jihoon agreed, causing Hansol to fumble with the papers he was holding as he walked past them. Hansol stopped in his tracks and looked at Jihoon with incredulous eyes.

"Yet?" Hansol repeated.

"I guess. I don't know. Maybe I'll confess one day." Jihoon shrugged. Hansol's eyes flashed.

"So you're admitting that you like him then?" Hansol checked, and Jihoon nodded, causing the younger boy to grin.

"I knew it! I told you guys! Pay up, suckers!" Hansol said smugly, and the others reluctantly pulled out their wallets.

"Hold on, you guys seriously placed bets on how long it'd take me to admit my feelings?!" Jihoon asked disbelievingly. The other four men nodded, and Jihoon rolled his eyes. "You guys so immature." He took some of the money out of Hansol's hands and counted it.

"Hey!"

"I'll be using this to pay for dinner tonight then. It's only fair that I get some money, right? After all, this bet was about me," Jihoon reasoned. Hansol scowled.

"Fine, fine, just take it," Hansol conceded. Jihoon grinned and stuffed the money into his wallet.

"I honestly can't believe that you guys placed a bet on that though. I mean, what are you, characters from a romance novel? You guys are so cliché," Jihoon scoffed.

"Can you blame us? You've been in denial since forever," Seungkwan said. Mingyu nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, but it's not like I've liked him ever since we first met," Jihoon responded.

"You acted all cold to him a while after that too though," Mingyu pointed out, and Jihoon grimaced.

" I guess that's true..." Jihoon mumbled.

"Hey, is that important? What's important is that he finally admitted his feelings!" Wonwoo interrupted. He grinned widely and raised his cup of coffee. "I propose a toast to Soonyoung and Jihoon."

"To Soonyoung and Jihoon!" the others echoed as they raised their own cups, causing Jihoon to groan in embarrassment.

"Shut up, you idiots. Get back to work."

"Yes, sir!" the other four chorused.

They saluted Jihoon playfully then returned to what they were doing before. Jihoon rolled his eyes before looking at Soonyoung's picture again and grinning foolishly. His eyes softened as they took in Soonyoung's cute pout. He heard a cough from his right and saw Hansol smirking at him. Jihoon blushed. Right. He was at work. Jihoon stared at the picture of Soonyoung one last time then cleared his throat and turned off his phone. Suddenly, his phone lit up with a text notification from Soonyoung. Jihoon read the message and smiled before setting his phone to the side.

A/N: wow that was really long for one of my chapters. sorry it was posted kinda late D: okay well anyways what did you guys think? please tell me in the comments! was it interesting? was it terrible? let me know what you thought! linked song is "really really" by winner bc it's a very catchy song and i love it so much! please give them some support! and as always thank you guys so much for supporting this story (and for supporting me)! i can't believe that i have 10k reads! that's so cool! you guys are amazing! thank y'all sm! alright well i'll see you next week (hopefully)! have a great rest of your day! ty again! bye! <3