열하나 (yeolhana)

"Since we're actually doing this, would you mind if we just watched the movie at my place? I'll pay for your ice cream," Jihoon said, unlocking the doors to his car and gesturing for Soonyoung to sit down.

"Sure, that sounds fine. Do you think we could get something other than ice cream though? I'm in the mood for cake," Soonyoung grinned, patting his belly softly. Jihoon scoffed.

"Aren't you the one who suggested ice cream?" the younger boy asked as he started up the car. "Seatbelt."

"Huh? Oh, right," Soonyoung realized. He plugged in his seatbelt, and Jihoon backed out of his parking space. "I don't know, I just feel like eating something warm now. That won't be a problem, right?"

"No, it's fine. I don't really care either way. We can get whatever you want," Jihoon replied disinterestedly.

"Alright, thanks," Soonyoung smiled. "You know that cake shop near your apartment? We should go there! They have a really good chocolate molten lava cake."

"I thought you liked vanilla?" Jihoon asked rather than stated. Soonyoung tilted his head to the side.

"What are you talking about? Chocolate is my favorite flavor."

"But back when you came over to our place, Seokmin said that vanilla was your favorite flavor," Jihoon responded. Soonyoung looked over at him to see him knit his eyebrows. He smiled. Cute.

"That was my favorite ice cream flavor, not my favorite cake flavor. No offense, but vanilla cake tastes like shit compared to chocolate cake. Chocolate icing on the other hand...hmm...well, you know how there's the really good ones, and then there's the really terrible ones?" Soonyoung ranted. Jihoon gave a noncommittal response as he made a right turn.

"I can never tell them apart, so I'm always kinda wary of chocolate cake. On the other hand, vanilla cake just tastes kinda odd to me. I don't know, something about it is...off. That's why I prefer chocolate cake. Well, that and because this place's chocolate cake is super tasty. I mean, hot melted chocolate comes out of the center! How cool is that?!" Soonyoung continued.

"That is the main point of molten chocolate cake," Jihoon replied.

"Well, yeah, but it tastes so good! Whoever thought of it is seriously a genius. Oh, but I'm not saying that this place's vanilla cake is bad! It's one of the few vanilla-flavored cakes that actually tastes normal to me! I'm a sucker for hot melted chocolate though," Soonyoung finished, inhaling and exhaling deeply.

"Wonderful. As much as I'd love to stick around and hear you analyze the palatable flavors of cake more, we've arrived at the shop. Can we go in? I need some coffee," Jihoon muttered. Soonyoung nodded, and the pair got out of the car.

"You're not going to have cake?" Soonyoung questioned as they entered the shop, and Jihoon shook his head.

"Ah, Soonyoung-ssi! How are you doing this evening?" the shop owner said, smiling brightly.

"Ryu! Hey! I'm okay, and you?" Soonyoung replied happily.

"I'm great! Who's your friend?" Ryu asked curiously.

"Oh, his name is Lee Jihoon. Jihoon, this is Watanabe Ryu. He's from Japan!" Soonyoung exclaimed.

"I could've guessed by the name, Soonyoung. Nice to meet you," Jihoon said, greeting Ryu with a nod of his head.

"Oh, you too! Well, I'm assuming you didn't come by to chat, so what can I get you guys?" Ryu smiled.

"I'll have the usual, and for Jihoon...one slice of strawberry cheesecake, please!" Soonyoung answered.

"One chocolate molten lava cake, and one slice of strawberry cheesecake! You got it!" Ryu repeated, taking out the desserts and placing them in two separate boxes neatly.

"I only wanted a coffee," Jihoon hissed to Soonyoung, and Soonyoung grinned back cheekily.

"Trust me, you'll love this. I can order you a coffee too though, if you want," Soonyoung offered. Jihoon shook his head.

"Alright, here's your order. It's on the house for you two, my dear friends," Ryu interrupted.

"Ryu! Come on, not again! Just let me pay you for once," Soonyoung said, holding out his money. "Here, take it!"

"No thanks! Have a nice night, you guys!" Ryu winked at the pair. Soonyoung sighed.

"Fine, I'm leaving it in the tip jar though. You need to stop being so nice to your friends," Soonyoung pouted.

"Hey, I don't do it for just anyone! This guy seriously helped me out a bunch when I got here," Ryu told Jihoon.

"Ah, I see," Jihoon replied. Soonyoung blushed.

"Alright, we're going to head out then. I'll see you soon, right?" Soonyoung asked with a sigh. Ryu nodded.

"Bye, guys!"

"He was pretty cool," Jihoon mentioned as they got back into his car. "You could learn a thing or two from him."

"Hey!" Soonyoung pouted, and Jihoon laughed. The older boy sank back into his seat with a huff. Soonyoung was cool, right?

A/N: mmm, props to anyone who can tell me where Ryu is from (and I don't mean Japan). alright, I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter! linked song is "Aphrodite" by B.I.G. bc this song has been stuck in my head for a while, and I really like it. it's so catchy kms. I really like the guy with the deep voice. also, everyone says one of them looks like BTS's Jungkook? idk, I don't see it. maybe they said that on another video. idk. well, that's it for now! bye, guys! ily all so much! ty for reading, voting, commenting, and just supporting this story in general! have an awesome day!

p.s. as of today, online classes are officially over! all that's left now is my summer work for A.P. World History and my parents' anniversary party! updates will hopefully (and theoretically should) get better, but sadly, you shouldn't count on it. D: sorry. later, guys! also, sorry this was so late!