Chapter 18

Megan Watson's POV

I woke up, greeted by a severe headache. I whimpered in pain and shuffled around in the bed I was laid in, trying to get more comfortable. I felt Niall beside me and without opening my eyes, snuggled into him, a lazy smile forming on my lips. For a few moments I stayed in the same position, but then I realised something wasn't right. 

I sat up a bit and opened my eyes, absolutely shocked to see it was Harry lying beside me. I screamed at the top of my voice, immediately grabbing the blanket and pulling it over my entire body from head to toe, so that I couldn't see anything and was buried under the blanket.

I heard Harry let out a short shriek as he tried to snatch the blanket off me.

"Leave me alone! What're you doing?!" I screamed, really confused by everything that was happening as I  kept the blanket in my firm grip.

"I'm naked too! I need it!" He exclaimed, and only then did it hit me.

I had cheated on Niall with Harry.

"No," I choked out. "Please, no. Oh my god, this isn't happening." I ran my hands through my hair and asked, "is this a joke?"

When he didn't reply, I repeated, "Harry, is this a joke?"

"I - I don't think so -"

"You don't fucking think so?!" I screeched loudly, before trying to calm myself down. "Why am I in your bed naked?" I asked lowly.

"We were playing hide and seek but then you fell asleep and your clothes decided to get on a flight to Hawaii - what the hell do you think?" He said sarcastically.

"Don't fucking act all smart!" I shouted, reaching my arm out from under the blanket and repeatedly hitting Harry as hard as I could. "Answer me! What the fuck happened?!"

"Last ni-- stop! Stop hitting me!" He exclaimed, so I pulled my hand back. It was becoming a bit hard to breathe under the covers so I stuck my head out so I could breathe, but kept my eyes away from Harry.

Nothing was said for a while and I was left to my own thoughts. I had no idea how to react to this. I had fucked up badly, and now I was going to face the consequences. But for some reason, my previous feelings of worry and anger disappeared, and I felt surprisingly calm.

"Were you drunk too?" I asked, my voice coming out quieter than I had meant it to.

"What?"

"Were you drunk too last night?" I asked, speaking more clearly this time.

"Yeah. Of course I was," Harry replied.

"You promise?"

"What do you mean? I was drunk, yeah. Not crazy drunk, but I was drunk."

It was weird, in the sense that it was as if I had no feelings at that moment. I was so confused and shocked and unsure how to react that I had begun to feel nothing about the situation. It was as if I refused to believe I had actually cheated on Niall with Harry, so I didn't feel any emotions to do with it. I wasn't sure if I should be crying, or if I should be panicking, or if I should've just been calm like I was. Everything seemed confusing to me.

"We really... we actually did that," I breathed out, voicing my thoughts aloud, referring to the previous night as vague memories formed in my head.

"Yeah." From the corner of my eye, I saw Harry shake his head in disbelief. "We did."

I swallowed a lump in my throat and licked my dry lips to moisten them a bit. I had absolutely no clue what to say to Harry, and he didn't seem to know what to say either. I don't think it properly sunk in what had actually happened just yet, because if it had have I would probably not have been so calm.

The Unlucky Pick // Sequel to TLPOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara