Chapter 8

Megan Watson's POV

The next few days went by surprisingly quickly, which I was both sad and happy about, because although it was getting closer to the day of the concert, it was also getting closer to the day we would have to fly back to London.

Over a week since I'd first met her, Sam was still pissing me off. Not as much, though, ever since Niall had made her go to the shops and get "whatever you want" just so we could be alone.

A day before we would be going to the concert, I was sitting in the living room and flicking through the TV channels to look for something to watch.

Niall walked in and sat down beside me.

"Sam's coming over again today, isn't she?" I asked in a dull tone, looking over to him with a frown.

He bit his lip. "Do you want her to?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Why?"

"Do you or not?" He asked me, ignoring my question.

I hesitated. "To be honest, no," I admitted.

He chuckled, "Well then she won't."

"What?" I asked him confusedly as he took out his phone and started typing something in.

He leaned in and pecked my lips. "I want you to be happy."

Before I could answer, he brought his phone up to his ear. After a moment, I could hear a faint "hello?" from the other end of the line.

"Hey, Sam?" Niall said into the phone, pausing for a moment and then saying, "Meg doesn't feel well and I'm going to look after her for the day. So do you think you could come over another day instead?"

He listened to her reply and then smiled. "Alright, thanks Sam. Talk to you soon. Bye."

He put his phone into his pocket and looked to me with a proud expression on his face.

"See?" He said. "Now she's not coming over."

"But," confused, I didn't know what to say, "but why -"

Niall cut me off. "Today, let's do whatever you want, yeah?"

"What, why?" I asked him confusedly.

"Because," he said, pecking my lips again.

And later that day when he told me I could buy whatever I wanted, and I asked why, he replied again with "because".

Obviously I didn't want him to spoil me like that, so I told him I didn't want anything, but he bought just about everything I showed any interest in.

"Niall, please, stop buying me stuff," I practically begged him as he carried two more bags to the car and placed them inside.

"No, today and tomorrow I'm going to be treat you like a princess," he told me simply, "So don't worry about it. Just be happy, and know that I love you more than anything in the world."

"And don't you dare ruin the moment," he laughed lightly.

"But, Niall, I don't understand why you're suddenly doing this," I said softly.

He shook his head and smiled to himself, before kissing me for a moment and then pulling away. He took my hand in his and then started walking. I didn't know where he was going, and to be honest I was sort of wondering if he did, but I went along with him anyway.

The next day, I woke up to see him already awake beside me, looking troubled and deep in thought.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, my voice croaky.