Chapter 10

Megan Watson's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache.

With a groan, I sat up slightly and opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings.

I rubbed my eyes and took in that I was on the couch in the living room, and the pain in my neck from my position didn't even register in my mind because of how my head was feeling.

I had one of the worst headaches I had ever had in my life, my throat was abnormally dry and dehydrated, and my whole head felt blocked and horrible.

I heard a voice from the door, that seemed really loud because of the silence I was in before. "Well good morning, Megan."

I looked over to see Niall walking in, and with another groan I sat up on the couch. Chuckling softly, he sat down beside me and rested a hand on my bare knee.

"How are you, Meg?" He asked me, looking up at me, his eyes locking with mine.

"Terrible," I told him honestly.

He chuckled again. "I believe it's pronounced 'hangover'."

I frowned at his words for a moment, caught off guard by what he had said. "Was I drunk last night?" I asked him in surprise, my voice raspy from being so dry.

He laughed. "Yep. Drunk as hell."

I blinked, my eyes widened. "But I never get drunk."

"I know," he said, "but you did last night." He laughed.

I was silent after that. I had no clue what to say. I was trying to remember the previous night but my memories were very vague, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't properly remember what had happened, which frustrated me.

"Would you like some water, babe?" Niall asked, snapping me out of my train of thought.

"Mm," I murmured, nodding my head. He pressed a kiss to my temple and got up, leaving the room, only to return a few moments later with a glass of water in hand.

"Here you go," he said, handing me the glass and then sitting down beside me again.

"Thanks," I mumbled, before drinking the glass in one go.

Niall laughed. "Would you like me to get you another glass?"

I shook my head and put the glass down on the ground beside me, before sitting back and resting my head on Niall's chest.

He shuffled around a bit so we were in a more comfortable position, snuggled into each other on the couch.

We didn't say anything, but I didn't mind. Niall started playing with my hair, and I started pulling lazily at a thread coming from the hem of his t-shirt.

"How long do hangovers last?" I groaned, breaking the silence.

Niall laughed at my sudden interruption of the moment and then replied, "Depends. For me, a good few hours. It might last the whole day, though. And then you'd probably feel a bit run down tomorrow too. It really just depends on the person, but you should drink a lot of water, or maybe have a shower. I find showers help make you feel a bit better during a hangover."

I whined. "A whole day?"

"It's your fault for drinking so much last night!" He exclaimed with a soft laugh.

I sighed. "Tell me what happened."

"Alright," he said, "after the concert," a smile smile found it's way onto his lips as he said that, and I had actually forgotten up until then that we were engaged. I looked at the ring on my finger as he continued and smiled to myself, before Niall rested his hand on top of it and held my hand. "We got home and you were acting really happy and cheerful. Then you went into another room and came back with some sort of alcohol in your hand, which I'm guessing you got from the fridge. I was like 'what the hell Megan' but you just laughed and started drinking it. I was actually surprised to be honest because I've never seen you drunk in my life. Yeah, but then you were acting okay for a while, until you started getting drunk. As in, really drunk. And you wouldn't stop drinking no matter what I said to you. You begged me to do a twitcam with you and eventually I agreed. You were acting so weird during it and you started asking me to have sex with you. And you were so casual about it!" He started laughing, "I was just talking and then you randomly go, "will you have sex with me." I said no so then you kept repeatedly saying "will you have sex with me" but I kept saying no so then you started crying. But before I even had a chance to comfort you, you fell asleep." He continued laughing, shaking his head.

"Did I actually do that?" I asked in shock.

"Yep!" He laughed. "You can look it up on youtube if you don't believe me!"

"Fuck!" I exclaimed when realisation dawned on me, "So my mum will probably see that! Or my dad! Or my fucking little sister! Or your parents! Niall!"

"Calm down!" Niall said, "it's fine, Meg. It's not like I agreed to it or anything. That would be really awkward, oh god. Imagine if I had've said okay and they watched it live. Then they'd know exactly what we would've been doing right after!" He cringed. "That's so, so awkward!"

"Yeah, and this is pretty awkward too!" I exclaimed.

"It's alright, babe! It's fine," he assured me, pulling me closer to him.

We didn't say anything then, resuming our previous positions from before we started talking.

I started pulling at the thread again. "I hate hangovers."

"They're not so bad." Niall shrugged. "Is this your first hangover?"

"Well, yeah, I guess so."

Niall chuckled, shaking his head. "Welcome to the world of hangovers, then."

We were silent again, before I spoke up. "I'm gonna go have a shower."

"Okay," he said as I stood up, my head still aching, but I was beginning to get used to it.

"See you later, Fiancée," he said with a smirk, putting emphasis on 'fiancée'.

"See you later, Niall," I replied, mimicking his tone before leaving the room and taking a shower.

The shower definitely made me feel a lot better, but obviously I still had a headache afterwards. I felt a lot more refreshed, though, after it. I threw on whatever clothes looked comfortable, which ended up being a slightly baggy grey t-shirt of mine and a pair of Niall's sweatpants.

I threw my messy, wet hair into a bun and went downstairs.

"Are those my tracksuit bottoms?" Niall asked me.

"They are indeed, Fiancé," I said to him with a smirk, imitating him from earlier on but at the same time saying 'we're engaged now so if you try and stop me from wearing your clothes I'll break your face'.

We did next to nothing that day, and although recently it had started to upset me that I did nothing with my life, the fact that Niall and I were now engaged made me feel safer for some reason, and it also made me feel that my life was actually going somewhere.

The next day, it seemed like we weren't really planning on doing anything, like the previous day.

We were seated on the couch at around noon, watching some weird american TV show on the tele, my head rested on Niall's lap as I lay on the couch.

"Eh, M-Megan?" Niall said, hesitation clear in his tone. I looked up at him and waited for him to continue, "Y'know, I was just, uh, thinking."

"About?"

"Well, er, y'know.. about the wedding. Our wedding," he said, and his words made me get butterflies in my stomach at the thought. "And I was wondering if you had any idea of when you'd like it to be, or where."

I sat up so I was beside him and thought about it. "I don't mind," I told him, when in reality I completely minded.

"No, don't start all of that. Of course you mind, Meg. Tell me."

I hesitated. "But, I don't know if you'd think it was too early to have it or something."

"Just tell me," Niall said, looking me in the eyes.

"Well -" I hesitated again before saying it. "I really like Christmas. I just love when it's that time of year. So, maybe, if you wanted, we could have it sometime around then?" I asked, speaking quickly.

"Christmas this year?" He asked. "That's about half a year away." He pondered over it. "I like that idea." He smiled, "Where would you like it to be, though?"

"Ireland," I said, without hesitation. Niall always seemed really happy when he was back in his home country, so if I was going to get to pick when the wedding would be, it was only fair that we could have it in Ireland.

"Really?" His eyes lit up.

I laughed, "Of course."

It made me happy to be able to talk about ideas for the wedding, and we continued talking about it for a while.

All we did that day was go to McDonalds afterwards, but we agreed that we would do something the next day.

That something happened to be going to Disney World because Niall's a fucking weirdo who never mentally matures.

"Aw yeah this is gonna be great!" He exclaimed as we sat on a bus that went to Disney, because Niall said it would be more "adventurous" then driving.

Like I said, he's a fucking weirdo.

"Disney is the best place ever," he said seriously. "Apart from Mullingar. Now that is really the best."

"Why am I engaged to you," I muttered, shaking my head.

"Cus you love me and you can't bear to be without me," he said dramatically, grinning.

I rolled my eyes.

"Speaking of Mullingar," he said, continuing the conversation, "Y'know when we leave Florida? I was thinking.. we spend a lot of time together. And maybe, we - uh, I could - I dunno, go to Ireland instead of London?"

I frowned slightly. "Oh. Well, yeah, I guess so." I didn't actually want him to go, but I knew I would be being overly attached if I didn't let him go. Plus, he deserves some time just to have fun. "For how long?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "I'm not sure! Not long, though. Maybe.. a week or two?"

I nodded. "Okay. If that's what you'd like."

He smiled and then leaned in, pressing his lips against mine. I took his face in my hands and kissed him back. We weren't usually so public with our affection, but we were at the back of the bus, and the only other person in the bus seemed to be asleep.

Niall seemed suddenly distracted and his eyes were focused on something in front of us. He pulled away and I was about to turn around to see what he was looking at when he murmured in my ear, "I think there's someone over there videoing us."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked to where he was looking to see a girl with her phone pointed at us, but she was looking ahead of her and not at us.

I looked back to Niall and mumbled, "oops."

I guess my parents would be seeing that too.

-----------------

A/N: WE GOT ALL NIGHT AND WE'RE GOIN NO WHERE WHY DONT YOU STAY, WHY DONT WE GO THEREE

the neW ALBUM OMG I

this is one of the worst chapters i've ever written i'm so sorry i feel like im letting everyone down bc of how bad it is

see i don't wanna just have them become engaged and then suddenly everything starts happening straight away ya feel

this is probs really borin tho ik but trust me it's leading to something big

yeh u guessed it ! it's nialls dick

am i right ladies

hahah ok ily i promise to update on wednesday or thursday bc yes i am indeed shakira but shh that's between u and me ok

thanks for reading !

Lisa :)