Chapter 2

Megan Watson's POV

As the car pulled up outside my mum's house, I bit my lip and looked through the windows, able to see movement in the living room through the window from my place in the car.

"Y'alright?" Niall asked me, and I turned to face him.

"Mhm." I hummed, sending him a small smile. "Are you?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" He asked with a small laugh.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I replied, a playful smirk finding it's way onto my lips.

"Touché," he answered, a grin on his face.

I laughed lightly and unbuckled my seatbelt, Niall doing the same, before we got out of the car.

It being the day before we were to leave to Florida, I decided to go visit my family, and Niall tagged along with me.

As we walked up to the front door, Niall stuck his hands in his pockets and bit his lip, looking at the ground, and seeming almost nervous.

He glanced up at me and saw I was looking at him, so he sent me a smile in a way to reassure me that nothing was wrong.

I returned the smile and then turned my head and knocked on the front door, which was soon opened by Delilah.

A look of confusion momentarily became obvious on her features, as I hadn't told my family I was coming, but soon it was replaced with a smile. "Meg!" She exclaimed, before looking over to Niall. "And Niall!" She said in the same tone, letting out a small laugh.

"How are you, Lilah?" I asked her, smiling at my little sister, who wasn't really that little anymore, now being thirteen - and officially a teenager. It was shocking to me how quickly she had seemed to grow up.

She cringed. "Oh god, please don't," she said, scrunching up her nose. "I hate that nickname."

"You used to love it!" I said with a small smile. "Just cus you're a teenager and all now doesn't mean you can't still liked being called Lilah," I pointed out.

She rolled her eyes. "Mm. Anyways," she changed the subject, her eyes travelling back to Niall, and a smirk was visible on her lips for just a moment before she hid it. I looked to Niall, wondering why she had looked at him like that to see him roll his lips into his mouth, obviously holding back a smile or smirk also.

"What?" I asked them both, my eyes travelling back and forth between the two of them.

"What, what?" Niall replied to me simply, raising his eyebrows.

I looked at him confusedly, narrowing my eyes a small bit, while shaking my head for a moment. "What?" I asked.

"What?" asked Delilah.

I blinked for a moment before shaking my head, about to open my mouth to speak when my mum appeared in the doorway, after calling as she walked up to it, "Delilah, who's that at the door?"

"Megan!" She exclaimed, surprise obvious in her tone. "How are you?" She said in the same tone, not waiting for an answer when she pulled me into a tight hug.

I laughed lightly into the hug before pulling away and smiling at her, which she returned before looking to Niall.

"Niall, love, how're you?" She asked him, admiration obvious in her eyes as she talked to him.

"I'm great, thank you, Lucy," he replied to her with a smile.

I glanced to Delilah who was now standing behind my mum in the doorway, one of her hands curled up in a ball and placed to her mouth,a wide smile on her face as she looked from me to Niall, but she stopped when she saw me looking at her.