Chapter 1

Megan Watson's POV

As my eyes flickered over the television in front of me that was displaying a movie that I frankly had next to no interest in at that moment, I was oblivious to Niall's intense stare on me.

My mind being too caught up in thinking about the four years that I had known Niall, I had pretty much no clue what the movie we were 'watching' was about.

As I delved deeper into the world of my own thoughts, which were at that moment focused on Niall and I's relationship and how everything had came to be, my eyes flickered to the Irish boy - or I suppose he would be more accurately described as a man, now - only to find him staring at me, clearly deep in thought, not unlike I was.

"What?" I asked him, feeling suddenly self conscious and instantly snapping out of my thoughts.

He shook his head slightly and bit his bottom lip, his eyebrows furrowed and his nose scrunched up slightly, which I still never failed to find adorable.

"Meg," he said softly and hesitantly as he shuffled a small bit in his place beside me, his hands clasped as he rested them on his lap, seeming to be finding it hard to form any words.

"What is... what do you.." He said, obviously having a hard time trying to say what he wanted to. "Can we..?" He shook his head and sighed to himself, before blurting out, "Our future. What do you, erm, what do you want it to be like?"

Not sure how to reply to his words, I stared at him emotionlessly for a moment before saying firmly, "Niall."

"Yeah?" He asked.

"When's the last time you had a shower?"

"What?" He asked confusedly, his eyebrows lowering slightly.

"You smell really, really bad," I told him bluntly.

He stared at me blankly for a moment, doing nothing but blinking before he spoke up. "Okay," he said simply.

I didn't reply, as we just looked at each other silently.

"So anyways," he said after a moment of silence, clearly about to change the subject back to 'our future'.

"Niall," I cut him off. I didn't know exactly why I was insisting on postponing the conversation, but honestly I had no clue what to say to him about that matter. I didn't want to discuss the future, I just wanted things to happen as they did and go whatever way they were meant to rather than plan out my entire life.

As a child, I had always been sure I would go to college and get a good job after completing the selected course, but I ended up dropping out after a year of it, to be able to spend time with Niall, even though he wasn't at all very keen on the idea and wanted me to stay in college and didn't want to 'wreck my life', but I insisted that I had made my decision and that I would be happiest staying with Niall, as his and One Direction's popularity worldwide had slowly started to decrease and he no longer had to travel as much..

By 2015, the band were no longer the biggest boy band nor the centre of attention with magazines, and so mid year they officially broke up as a band.

Niall obviously still had contact with each of the boys and they remained close friends. The breakup wasn't caused because of fights or falling outs, but merely because the boys felt their time of being a band had come to an end.

I had attended their last concert, and felt really emotional during it, especially at the last song, Forever Young, where towards the end instead of finishing the song they stood in a circle and hugged each other, clearly sobbing, but then at the very end they all sang the last line together, each of their voices cracking from emotion.