Chapter 12

Megan Watson's POV

The majority of the next few days were spent with Sam, who would come and visit almost every day.

We were becoming more and more close by the minute, and our relationship was the sort of friendship where you just instantly clicked.

Well, apart from the fact that I absolutely hated her at first.

But ignoring that.

"I'm gonna put that as my new profile picture on twitter," Sam told me, showing me a selfie she had taken with me a few minutes ago, in which we looked truly dreadful, both of us making crazy faces.

"How many followers do you have on twitter?" I asked her curiously.

"Like, none." She laughed.

I laughed and then we were silent for several moments. "Y'know," I said after a bit of hesitation, "I hated you at first."

"Well, obviously," she let out a laugh.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "It was really obvious. You always looked at me like you wanted to rip my head off."

I bit my lip. "Sorry."

"Nah, it's fine." She waved me off.

"I don't know why I hated you, to be honest," I told her. "You just seemed..." I struggled to find the right words. "Overly perfect. Too nice. But I guess you genuinely just are perfect." I laughed.

She laughed uneasily. "I'm far from perfect."

"Not from what I've seen." I smiled.

She looked down and smiled, mumbling a soft, "thanks."

"Now, how about we wake up the lazy ass idiot I'm blessed enough to have as my husband-to-be," I said half-jokingly.

"What's it like, being engaged?" Sam asked me curiously, ignoring my question.

I pondered over it. "Really weird. Honestly. It makes me feel old, but young at the same time? That doesn't make sense. But then again, neither do my feelings." I laughed lightly.

Sam laughed. "So you're gonna be called Megan Horan?"

I smiled. "I suppose I am."

"Or, some people could call you Mrs. Niall Horan." She smirked.

I scrunched up my nose. "The fuck. If someone called me that I'd slap them across the face. I'm not Niall."

She laughed. "You're cool."

"You're cool," I replied. "Now let's wake up Niall, c'mon."

"But I don't wanna stand up," she whined as I took hold of her arm.

"Get up you lazy bum, or you'll end up on one of those reality shows and be like "my name's Sam and I haven't left my bed in three years"," I said, pulling her up.

She laughed and finally got up.

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" I asked with a laugh.

She rolled her eyes and we started walking upstairs to where Niall was fast asleep, even though it was already two in the afternoon.

When we reached the top of the stairs, we stopped outside the bedroom.

"Now." I clasped my hands together. "How are we gonna wake him up?"

"Um... by, just waking him up?" Sam said uncertainly.

"No, we have to be creative!" I said.

"Oh." She furrowed her eyebrows together, biting her lip. "We could pour water over his head?"