Chapter 9

Megan Watson's POV

I couldn't even properly register what was happening in my mind at that moment. I couldn't believe it. Niall was proposing to me.

I knew I must have looked like an idiot, standing there and crying, but I simply couldn't control my emotions.

Niall looked up at me, his blue eyes glistening with hope as he awaited my answer.

Unable to speak, I nodded my head and wiped at my eyes. "Yes!" I managed to get out, causing the biggest smile to appear on Niall's face.

He stood up and I threw my arms around him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"She said yes!" I could hear being said into a microphone from behind me, which caused the whole place to erupt in cheers.

"I love you so much," I sniffled into Niall's shoulder as he rocked me back and forth softly, before he pulled away and looked down at my hands.

He took my hand and with shaky fingers, slipped the engagement ring onto my finger and then looked up to me with what was probably the most genuine and happy smile I had ever seen on his face.

He let out a laugh, the smile never leaving his lips as he shook his head, almost in disbelief. "I love you too," he murmured, before pressing his lips to mine.

I had forgotten we were on stage until the audience reacted to our kiss with a collective "ooh", which made me laugh and pull away from the kiss.

Niall laughed lightly, his forehead rested against mine as he looked into my eyes. Pecking my lips, he then pulled away with an arm wrapped around my waist. He looked to the audience and fist-pumped with his free hand, causing me to giggle.

As he started to lead me off stage, I heard a small laugh behind us.

"Congratulations, guys," what I recognised to be Patrick's voice said just before we went offstage.

"Oh my god," I breathed out, wiping my eyes again as Niall chuckled, continuing to walk with his arm still around my waist.

He led me towards one of the doors and opened it, letting me go ahead first.

My breathing was shaky from crying and I sniffled as I turned to face Niall.

"We're engaged," I said in disbelief to him.

"We're engaged," he repeated with a smile, before putting his hands on my waist and kissing me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck while he kept his hands firmly on my waist. Our bodies were pressed together, and it was as if we wanted to be as close as possible, and that our lives depended on us being together.

I took no notice in the time as we kissed, and when we finally pulled away, we stayed in the exact same position, hugging and keeping each other close.

After several moments, I pulled away from the hug and couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"We're gonna get married!" I exclaimed in utter disbelief. "Me and you! We're going to be husband and wife!"

The last sentence I spoke made me squeal and actually jump on the spot.

"Oh my god, I have to go tell my mum!" I exclaimed, just as the door opened to reveal Patrick.

Too excited and happy to care, I grabbed Patrick's face and kissed his cheek before letting out some sort of noise in excitement and running out of the room.

I could hear Niall's laughter from the room as I walked away, not even sure where I was heading.

I walked through the corridor, starting to actually realise I had no actual destination, but then I spotted a room with the door open and peeked my head in. Nobody was inside, so being too carefree at that moment to give a fuck, I just went inside and locked the door quickly after me.