28 || 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄?

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Finally, I was back at the prison so I could hide from Leo. Of course, I feel embarrassed about what I did and I am certainly not proud of stealing the gun. If I hadn't have stolen it, Leo would probably be dead right now.

I burst through the doors of the prison and found Mikey, Raph, and Patience looking at me.

Leo's reaction wasn't too bad, yet I couldn't accept the tone he had with it. I'm so tired of everything that goes on around here. And by that, I mean whatever is done toward me. I sound like I am overreacting, but I feel like I've been treated like sh*t sometimes.

"Whoa, hey. Osa?" Patience says as I run up the stairs with mixed emotions, not knowing what to feel at the moment.

Leo can rant and rave all he wants, but he needs to understand that I just saved him and all I got was hate instead of a 'thank you'. At this point, I think I need to leave. There may not have been a lot going on the past few days, but it's all too much.

"What's up with her?" Raph asked either Mikey or Patience.

"I'll check up on her," Patience replied.

Splinter was the next mutant I saw after getting back to the prison. He followed me into my cell that I shared with Donnie. I picked up a spare bag and gathered whatever item I could. "Osita, what's going on?" Splinter asked me, coming into the cell.

"I just need to go," I reply, grabbing a few things from the bed such as the sheet and pillow. I got a little bit of food and stuffed that into the pack and hope this will do me for a solo trip. Of course, I know I'll have to scavenge for more supplies soon.

"Did something go wrong during the hunt?" Asked Splinter.

"Everything is wrong here, Splinter," I say angrily. "I thought I was doing the right thing. I thought I was trying but having a family this big is too much... And I took a gun."

"You took a gun?! From whom?" He touched the bunk bed, looking up at me.

"Donnie..."

"Osita," Splinter sighed. "You have to understand that Leonardo isn't just keeping a gun from you, but also from me."

"It's different, Splinter... I don't know if you would understand." I paused, thinking about the other things that had gone down during the last twenty-four hours. "I'm ashamed, but I think it was the only way to show I'm harmless. Instead, I get negativity. I just need to leave..."

"Where will you go? There isn't another town for miles." He came at eye level with me. "We can talk--"

"Enough talking, Splinter. I'll do what I did before you guys took me in; surviving alone." After I finished packing the back, I throw it over my back and walk out of the cell with Patience in my way.

"Osa, wait." She says.

"Please move, Patience." I didn't make eye contact with her.

"Not until you tell me why you're leaving."

"I don't have to say sh*t. You can have Donnie." I try walking past her but she blocked me.

"Hold on." Patience put a hand up. "I want to understand what happened. I wanna help you."

"You wanna help?" I asked, hearing Leo, Donnie, and the new arrival, Regan come through the doors. Mikey and Raph were already meeting up with the newcomer with Kri and Stan. Stan patted her down, asking her very important questions to make sure she wasn't a threat. I look back at Patience. "Put Leo back in his place." I slide by her, running down the steps.