16 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

A new name came into our heads as Stan gave a small smile on the corner of his mouth. None of us speak to him except for Patience. "So are you alone?" The mutant asked.

"Yes, ma'am." He replied. "Alone since it all started and never lost my sanity."

I see Leo was debating if he should ask Stan about a place to stay. Instead of Leo asking the difficult question, Splinter asked for him. "Excuse me, sir. Could you possibly know a place for us to sleep?" The rat asked.

Stan nods once. "There is in fact. Down the street is my place and I found a house there with lots of supplies. I never went in because I respect it."

"Respect it?" Raph let the words play from his mouth.

"Yeah... but if you're interested in it, I'll be glad to take you all there." Stan offered.

"There's no other place to stay Leo, we should just take the house for a while," Donnie said as his older brother sighed.

"Okay... there are no others with you?"

"I promise you, everyone's gone," Stan assured him.

"I'm not taking any chances," I say. "We don't know him. Just because he looks innocent it doesn't mean he's friendly."

"Osa." Donnie quickly corrects me. He looks at the host. "I apologize, Stan. We're just really tired and don't have a lot of food left."

"I understand that you won't trust just one stranger right away. Especially during the zombie apocalypse, but I can assure you that you're safe here." He paused. "The food that comes through here is quite scarce."

"Comes through?" Patience voiced.

"Deer, raccoon. They come once in a while." Stan clarified.

"Infected?" Mikey asked.

"Small herds of 'em walk by sometimes." Says Stan.

"So this h-house is just down the-the street?" Patience stuttered.

"Yeah." Stan nodded. "Would you like me to take you there?"

Stan had a solid answer for every question and we even asked the same ones to see if his response changed, but no. He was calm with all the questions we gave.

"We'll follow you there." Said Leo, confirming his decision.

"Good."

****

I followed behind in the back to keep a distance from Stan. He's like an iceberg. He may seem nice on the top but hides a lot underneath the water. I just hope he isn't one of those people that show a lot of respect and they deserve to die in the most horrible way after they did something unexpectedly. Stan kept running his mouth while he continued down the street, and Patience acted strangely beside Donnie. Everywhere she looked a new expression appeared.

"So you've been here since day one?" Mikey wanted to know.

"That's correct." Stan looks over his shoulder. "Never left."

"Why stay?" Donnie added.

"I have everything that I need. Back up supplies, weapons, there's a pharmacy pretty close here." Again, Stan had a solid answer for everything we threw at him.

Huh, okay. So, he's pretty much got everything handed to him. "I hope there's a bed," I say.

"I know the Jones' have a ton of blankets," Stan says. "They had a son named Casey and a twin daughter that I never knew of. Casey went out on his own at a young age."