22 || 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

What did he mean by the ribbon and rabbit foot will mean something one day? That night I kept replaying Donnie's words in my head like a broken record player. Organizing his tone of voice and words, reminding myself of the body language he gave me... it meant something to him and apparently, it is supposed to mean something to me, too.

Tossing and turning in the sheets, getting tangled up as I thought and thought, this the very first time he made me extremely confused other than the previous issues.

I slept on it that night and forgot about it until I woke up as the sun's rays cast onto my eyelids. I felt like a newborn puppy trying to crawl to another place of the bed as my arms came under me to get up.

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼

My jaws stretched far enough for a great yawn to escape, licking my chapped lips and realizing I slept with my glasses on yet again...

"Morning." Donnie came into the cell, his body blocking the sun for a few seconds. "You slept in." Donatello held a bottle of Aquafina water and set it on the floor next to his bunk.

"What time is it?" I asked sitting up, feeling my back crack.

"About 10 o'clock." He answered. "Patience and Leo went hunting with Stan."

"Lucky them."

"Eventually you'll get out there and take something down," Don said.

"Sure hope so." I rubbed my eyes under my glasses.

"You will. But I did find the main room with the surveillance cameras." He smirks, taking a tablet off of his left arm that hid inside his sweater. The light of the device lit up his glasses. Donnie raises the tablet up, facing the screen to me. "See? I can control the cameras." He brought it back to his own eyes. "Now we can see who comes and goes."

"Fancy." I smile, going to a different thought. "Um... I know that you'll say 'no', but..." At the corner of my eye, I see Donnie look at me. "Can you see if Leo will give me my knife back?" I made eye contact.

Donnie set the tablet on his bed as he sighed heavily. "I...I'm not the one who gives the call, Osa."

"But I can take care of myself." I tried to assure him.

"I know you can, but Leo will give you the knife sooner or later. He's gonna have to." Don sounded like he was sure about that.

"...What about a gun?"

"Now that's out of the question." Says Don. "I would give you a weapon if I could, but it's a rule. Patience already had a bow with her when we found her, and Raph gave you the switchblade."

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I'm saying Patience already knows how to use a bow. Do you know how to use a knife or a gun?" He crossed his arms before I could answer.

To be honest, Donnie did sort of have a point. "Well... no."

"There you go then," Donnie replied as I look down at the sheets. "Hey," He got my attention. "You are going to get the knife back in a short time. Maybe a gun instead."

"Have you ever used a gun?"

Donnie gave a guilty smile. "No. No, I haven't."

"Then why have one?"

He shrugged. "Leo thought we should carry them around until we get some target practice."

"Noise attracts the infected, though. And the guns you all carry are like a massive bribe. You're a dog's owner carrying a juicy bone on your hip." I said to him.