24 || 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐂𝐄

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"We can't tell them right now," Stan told Kri in their cell, fluffing up his pillow.

"Why not?" His daughter whispered, questioning why an infected dog can't be mentioned to Leo.

"We don't need to worry Leo and the others. Let's just sleep on it." He hops on top of his bed as his daughter sat on the bottom bunk.

"Everything okay?" Leonardo peeks into their cell, knocking on the cement wall gently.

"Yeah," Kristen answered him. "Dad and I just saw some infected. That's all..." She covered her legs with the sheets and leaned back on the pillow.

"I'm glad to see you're both okay," Leo says to them. "Get some sleep, you two." Leo turns away to go back to his own cell where he would get the sleep he needed.

"Will do." Stan nods, laying back on his pillow as well.

****

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼

I woke up early this morning and heard everyone doing their part around the prison. After exploring the prison a little bit by myself, I got bored enough to go to the cell and hear Donnie fiddle with a few of his devices. Rubbing my eyes and not saying good morning, I say, "Something was bothering Stan and Kri when they came back last night,"

He got up from his bed. "You can ask them if you're really concerned."

"Maybe I'll ask later." I jump off the bed and onto the floor of the cell. "I got better things to do."

"Like what?" Donnie looks at me.

"Checking the deer..." I walk toward the cell exit.

"Osa?" Don said, and I look over my shoulder. "What are you really doing?"

"Just a look outside and... explore. The snow is falling and the weather is great." I walk out of the cell completely. "Well, for me it is."

"I'll come with you, just to be safe." Donnie grabbed his pack and placed it over his shell. "Oh! And I need to make a run to the lake and see if any fish are available. Leo already knows about that."

"Stay here, Don." I walked down the steps.

"I'm not gonna listen," He says, dropping from the railing and landing on the first floor of the cell block with a great and firm thud.

"Whatever," I said, walking to the exit, opening the door, and feeling the cold surround me.

Inhaling the fresh air, the brightness of the snow on the ground nearly blinded me. I got a look at this place, seeing its structure, the height, width of each building, and looking ahead to the gates we use to go in and out of. I could see the rusted barbed wire and the tall sturdy fences that border the perimeter.

Just as I was about to start my little adventure with a small jog, Donnie stops me. "Hold on... I hope it isn't a lot to ask but," I faced him, raising an eyebrow at him "Could you let me ride you...?"

"I'm sorry, what?" I crossed my arms, my eyes widening. "Ride me? As in a horse?"

Donatello nodded. "Well, yeah."

"Okay, first of all..." I begin. "I've never been ridden and second, how much do you weigh?"

"Not much... maybe 283 pounds." He walks ahead to meet the second gate and I follow.

"I think you're breaking the scale on me." I was on his right side.

"It'll be a great help if you think about it." He looked down at me. I stop and exhaled deeply while looking back to the entrance of the prison. Should I let him ride me? Let Donatello be the first one to "break" me and transport him to a nearby lake that is probably frozen over? I probably should just let him and get it over with, but at the same time, I feel nervous about it. Now that I go deeper into thought about this, it'll get things done quicker.