05 || 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

As I sit on the couch, I fiddled with the small switchblade Raph had given me. Most of the group was asleep, snoring away and catching up on their energy. I was a night owl most of the time, and it was true that I needed some sleep at least.

It's kinda hard to sleep when Donnie kept playing with different pieces of the guns. He was following the manual for each weapon so he could put them together-- like the magnum and the Springfield.

For now, it was entertaining to watch him get frustrated because the pieces of each gun would slip away from his hands or fall apart. He was so focused on getting these merchandise to become one whole weapon.

One day, he'll become a pro at this. I can see it.

I shoved the new blade of mine into my pocket and came off of the couch to join Donnie on the floor. "This stuff is so complicated." He says, itching the back of his head.

"Smart?" I asked.

"Of course. I've worked with things like this." He looks at Splinter, who was sitting on the couch. Splinter gave a look of 'no you haven't.' Donnie gave a nervous chuckle and shook his head. "Well, electronics, liquids, geometry-related things... I'm the know-it-all."

"Oh,"

"What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, were you social or anything?"

I shrugged at the question. I didn't really know what to say since my past wasn't the greatest thing in the world. "My mom and brother were the only family I had."

"Father in the picture?"

"No." For some reason, my mother never spoke of him. If she did, it was always something negative.

"Why's that? If you don't mind me asking..."

I wish I knew the truth about my father. "Mom says he left us. Or he didn't like me."

"Has your Mom tried to find a father figure?"

"Yeah..." I gulped. "They always ran, though."

Donnie looks down at the gun pieces with a sad expression once I said my last sentence. Why though? "You deserve a family that'll love, cherish, and will care for you, Osa."

"I had a family," I told him.

"You have one now."

I didn't smile, maybe one that tried to form, but I wanted to change the subject. The problem was, I wasn't sure what to talk about now. There really isn't much to share about my life. To me, it's just all a blur.

After sharing a little bit of my life, Splinter spoke to me. "When my sons were kids, they were drawn by popular culture. I had to prepare myself because I knew they'd want to explore the world above."