15 || 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

We left the man's body on the side of the road because there was nothing we could do about it since we had no shovel to bury him. Besides, the ground was starting to harden which would make it difficult to dig.

Guessing about forty-five minutes of more walking, the neighborhood was first to get us in a slightly exciting mood. I'm guessing it hasn't been looted yet. If we're lucky, we'll sleep in real beds.

"There it is. Might be a chance to find more supplies." Donnie sighed.

"Maybe," I say continuing the rest of the walk. The first house on the right was new-looking-- one of those houses with big rooms and had a big backyard. I snorted to blow the medium-sized snowflakes away from my face and came close to the front door of the house. Having a very common behavior from a bear, I checked out the house while the others came up behind me. I barely had to make myself taller to peek into the windows and see nothing but furniture and cold rooms. "Hm."

"What do you see?" Raph asked.

"Not much." I got down. "Ready?"

Leonardo came to one of the windows and didn't hesitate to shatter it clean. He looked at me and says, "Make sure it's clear."

Oh, man! Is Leo trusting me to go inside and search the house for us? Hell yeah! Say no more. I nodded to him. "Okay," Time to bring on the look of a common Shepherd dog. My body shrinks to a smaller size and perfectly pointed ears and different shades of brown and black. My snout narrows out with a stronger nose and a more athletic structure.

"I don't know about this." Mikey backs away.

"Leo, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean who knows what's waiting in there." Said Donnie.

"It's fine," He told them.

I looked at Leo so I could have his permission to enter. He gives me the cue to go inside the house and I shot up off my hind legs and my two front paws. My front feet hook onto the window frame as the other two hoist me inside the house. My nails collided with the wooden floor and I found myself in the main room of every home.

The living room.

****

Outside the house

"Why would you do that?" Patience nudged Leo's arm roughly.

"I'm sure she knows what she's doing." He started to load his magnum before cocking it once to ready it. Leo knew I was a bit off sometimes but he needed to learn that he could trust me. This is why he asked me to search the house.

"She's just a scared girl, Leo." Donnie defended me. "Osa doesn't need you to have her get attacked by something to make things worse for her."

"Just...shh! Be quiet! I'm listening for her." Leonardo brought his ear toward the window.

"Bring her back, Leo," Donnie adds.

"Geez bro, you worry about 'er a lot. You like her or something?" Mikey asked, his voice very bubbly.

It seemed Mikey embarrassed Donnie in some way. He was very defensive. "Uh... no, I don't like her. I just think we shouldn't send group members to an unknown house."

"I agree." Patience crossed her arms.

****

Inside the house

The house was nice.

I imagined a small family living inside it, being happy, sharing tons of laughs, and having a great time. I drag my nose along the wooden floor, nothing unusual yet.