Chapter Eighteen

The next morning was just as hectic as Kieran had predicted. My mother was running around trying to plan out how the house was to be set up for the wedding when I'd walked downstairs. As soon as I stepped off the last step her eyes had locked on me, and she was a woman on her mission as she rushed over to me. As soon as she was close enough to me she grabbed my arm and jerked me into the living room, a second later I was being thrown down onto the couch and she settled next to me. A pile of magazines in her hand.

"The first thing on the list to do is figure out a date for the wedding. I was thinking a spring wedding, all the best flowers bloom in the spring. Which means you could have an amazing flower bouquet, then of course we need to start dress shopping. Do you have any ideas for a wedding date? Maybe even whatever season you're thinking about for the wedding." My mom was talking so fast that I couldn't even really tell what she was saying.

"Mom calm down, I just got engaged last night. Kieran and I aren't really planning on getting married within the next couples of weeks. I think you need to calm down a little bit with all this wedding planning. I just want to take some time to enjoy being engaged for a little bit; before I have to worry about stressing about planning an entire wedding."

"Well of course you're not going to plan the entire wedding, that's why I'm here to help you. You just tell me what you want and I'll make it happen no matter what. You don't have to worry about stressing about anything."

"Honey I think she's saying that you need to calm down. Just because she's getting married doesn't mean you need to start planning as soon as they get engaged." I looked over to see my dad standing in the doorway to the living room.

"Jack you really don't understand what it means to plan a wedding, all this stuff needs to be planned out in advance. You can't just toss a wedding together in just a couple of weeks. It takes months to plan the perfect wedding. Especially when so many people will be showing up, because she's Royalty of the werewolf world. She's queen of the werewolf world. Everybody will want to be there," I pleaded with my eyes for my father to save me. He smiled before walking over to my mother and grabbing the magazines from her hand.

"All I'm saying is let the kids have their chance to be young, in love, and engaged for a little bit. They're not worried about the wedding details right now, which means that you don't need to worry about them right now either." I took the chance of the mother's eyes being off me to stand from the couch. I saw my father look at me out of the corner of my eye and give me a small nod. I gave him a grateful smile before heading for the door.

"Well of course they should be worrying, they don't understand how big of a deal this is." I heard my mother say as I exited the living room and instead went to the kitchen to get some food in my stomach. Which is originally the reason that I'd come down stairs in the first place. Kieran was standing in front of the stove when I walked in, and he looked up when I entered the kitchen. Sensing my presence as soon as I'd walked through the entryway.

"Let me guess you're mother is going crazy?" He said smiling at me, I could tell that he was trying not to laugh as he saw the look on my face.

"Is it really that obvious? I already can't stand the idea of planning the wedding with her. I know that she's going to go completely overboard. I know that this is a big deal, especially since we're now the ruling couple of the wolf world. I just really hoped that she wouldn't have gone this wedding crazy this soon." Kieran couldn't hold in his laugh at my words.

"How about you sit down and relax," he said as he pressed a kiss to my temple when I stepped up next to him. Wrapping an arm around my waist and gently squeezing me his side before going back to the food on the stove in front of him. "Breakfast will be ready in a minute," I nodded and headed over to island and sitting down at the stools underneath.