Chapter Three

"Find out how he was able to get on my land, search the house, do whatever you need. I want to know how he got on my land and managed to stay hidden from me," I heard somebody say through a thin veil of consciousness inside my head. A moment later I was pulled back into the darkness and away from the voice sounding next to me.

~~

"I need you to wake up Jazmyn, I need to see your eyes, hear your voice. I just need to know that you're okay. Please just come back to me," a soft squeeze to my hand accompanied the words. They called out to something inside my head, and I tried to fight through the darkness. I tried to get to owner of the voice that was calling to me. Eventually I'd exhausted my efforts and fell back into the darkness yet again.

~~

"Why hasn't she woken up yet?" An angry voice was speaking this time, shouting at somebody. It sounded far off, like the person was no longer sitting next to me. I tried to force my eyes open but it was like they were glued shut, and couldn't be opened.

"After everything that has happened these last few days Alpha she needs to rest. Not only did she go through he first shift, but her father broke the girl's arm. There were more damages internally to her ribs, and some bleeding. Her wolf is taking time to heal her. She's almost fully healed, it should only be a few more hours. Maybe a day at the latest before she wakes up." A timid voice said in reply, I heard a sharp growl pierce the air and sharp intake of air and the air seemed to shift for a moment. Then it settled as a hand grasped on to mine tightly.

"Leave," the voice said and I heard the sound of a door closing a minute later. "I miss you Jazmyn, it's only been a couple of days. I can't wait until you wake up. I've done a bad job of proving how much I care about you, but I'll be sure to do an even better job when you wake up. I promise that I'll never let anything like this happen to you again." I felt something pressing against my forehead, and then I was dragged back into the darkness once again.

~~

This time I was having a dream, but it felt so real. My father was there, and some other people were standing there. It was snowing, the ground was covered in a thin layer of it. The grass underneath was frozen, and the snow was seeping through my clothes as I laid on a rock in the middle of the clearing. People surrounded me, talking above me and it took a moment for me to realize what they were saying.

"If she comes into her wolf before she's ready it will ruin everything," a woman said from above me. Her hair was grey and pulled back into a long ponytail behind her back. She was wearing a black robe, and the hood was pulled down so I could see her face. There were two other people beside her wearing the same thing.

"Is there anyway to keep her from coming into her wolf before it's ready. She's already been showing signs of her wolf coming to the surface." A woman said from next to my father, she was wearing a thick coat and had the same caramel colored hair as me. When she turned her head enough so I could see the rest of her face, I saw I had the same features as her. The same nose, and my lips looked the same as her, plus my eye color.

"Her wolf is strong, I don't know how long the spell will last. Even if it does last long enough, as soon as the Alpha finds out who she is it will be useless. His wolf will call her wolf to the surface, and all of our planning will be pointless."

"There must be some way to make the spell stronger. Find some way to hide the wolf from her, just long enough for her to do her job."

"Are you not listening to me? Fool! It's not going to matter, as soon as the Alpha finds her the wolf will come out and the spell will be broken. Her wolf is too strong to be held for too long, there will be signs when the spell is wearing off. I don't know what they'll be but there is no way to truly keep her wolf hidden for long."