Chapter Eleven

I stood in my wolf form, people surrounding as my eyes watched the enemy in front of me. Waiting for them to make the first move. The lady just smiled at me, watching me with dark calculating eyes. She knew what I was doing, I was waiting for her to make the first move. Her eyes shifted to the people behind me, more likely the Alpha pair standing behind their men.

"Are you really going to let your precious daughter fight a battle she's not going to win? You've already convinced everybody she was dead for most of her life, do you really want it to become real after you've just gotten her back." She said I knew she was taunting them, trying to get them to make me stand down. I don't think she understood that this time I was letting my wolf take full control. Last time my wolf had forced me to the back of my mind, and I'd fought her off, not allowing to her to hurt anybody. This time she didn't understand that I was willingly relinquishing control I would let her fight to the death. As long as it meant that these people were no longer around to use or hurt anybody else.

"You were the one who told us how strong she was going to be when she got older and came into her wolf. It was the reason you tried to get rid of her when she was little. You knew that you'd no longer have somebody to control with your magic. She's immune to it, and now that she's come into her wolf you know how strong she is. Now you've got a reason to really fear her." I heard my mother speak for the first time since she'd said my name. My ears perked at the sound of the voice. She recognized it, she'd been with me most of life. Even if I hadn't been able to shift she was always there.

"You were the one who told me to lock her wolf inside of her. That was your idea," she said I knew she was taunting them even more. Trying to get a reaction out of them.

"Yes we may have done that, but that was before we knew that you weren't on our side. That was before you attacked us and tried to control her. You trapped the beast inside of her for so long, and now you no longer know what to do when you've faced the beast that you tried to tame." I could hear the pride in my mother's voice as she spoke. She was proud of the person I was, and who I'd become. She was proud that her daughter was such a strong wolf, and it made my wolf feel even stronger.

Pulling me lips back from my teeth, I let out a low menacing growl as I crouched low to the ground. She was now fully prepared for a fight. Especially with her pack backing her up. "You're foolish if you think you can beat me. I trapped you once, I can do it again." My wolf let out another daring growl, daring her to try and trap her inside of me again. She pulled something from her sleeve, and I realized it as the object she'd used to put the symbol on my ribcage. The symbol that was suppose to keep her inside of me.

The symbol was suppose now permanently etched on my skin ever since my wolf had broken the spell and made herself known. She started speaking words under her breath, I recognized them as the words she'd used the night she'd cast the spell on me. I felt the burn on my ribcage, and I knew that the symbol was glowing a orange color through my silver fur as she spoke. My muscles tensed as I jumped forward aiming for the wooden symbol in her hand.

My teeth clamped around her wrist instead, and with the pain of my bite she dropped the wooden symbol on the ground. No longer chanting the words since she'd lost the symbol. I knew she couldn't do anything without that symbol. I let go of her, and she clapped her other hand around the wound I'd created on her wrist from the force of my bite. I could see the pain on her face, and the worry of the people behind her. They stepped forward to help her, but she waved them off with a look. This was her and mines fight, and she wasn't going to let anybody get in the way. She was too prideful for that.

I could feel everybody's eyes on me as I grabbed the wooden symbol and moved a few feet away from the lady, but made sure I was still standing across from her. I bite down on the wooden symbol in my hand until it broke between the force of my teeth. I looked up at her as the broken pieces of the wooden symbol sat on the ground in front of me. I felt a sting on my side, but it quickly disappeared which I'm guessing the symbol on my side disappeared along with it. I'm sure I had a satisfied look on my face as her angry eyes stayed on mine. I could see the rage burning under the surface.